Steam Packet Delayed - Website Says Running Ok

Sebrof

As I type (time: 19:45), the Seacat is in Liverpool, delayed nearly an hour. The website says that it will sail on-time at 19:00pm. This is despite also saying that the incoming boat would not arrive until 18:50pm.

Can't Woody rig up a website that can be updated by whoever is on duty and knows what's going on? Or does nobody know what's going on?

S

vessel delayed due to weather

IOMSPC announcements delayed due to there being noone around to worry about customers and their families...

vessel delayed due to weather

IOMSPC announcements delayed due to there being noone around to worry about customers and their families...

Around 9:00 the sailing was cancelled. The website says it has been rescheduled to 01:00 Wednesday, but the staff at Liverpool said that was a tad optimistic. Here's hoping it goes at 11:15.

S

Arrival in Douglas was around 04.00. A 3.5 hour crossing? Doesn't sound much like a fast craft!

It was a windy night. Can't have been fun.

As the Packet' phones were unavailable last night, and I couldn't amend my friend's bookings without incurring a charge, I made a new booking for them on the 11:15 this morning (leaving at 01:00 and arriving at 04:00 didn't appeal).

Meanwhile, they were able to get their existing tickets transferred to the 11:15. I couldn't cancel the new tickets without a charge, so I emailed the Packet last night and requested a full refund.

Got a reply at 6:59 this morning saying the refund was done.

Very efficient. Thank you, Packet.

S

Archived