Beatfix Bow's Out

This weeks show marks the end of a good 4 year Beatfix run. We've moved gaff's, servers, websites, we've had guest mixes from the likes of Lee Coombs, Boabinga, the Awe Sound System and Bass Kleph to name but 4. We've had live guests such as A-Jay, Adam Cain, Louis C and more, we've added crew members, put on gigs and played music to anyone who could be arsed listening on a thursday night!

But all good things come to an end, we've got other commitments to attend to and just haven't the time to give to it anymore.

So this weeks show is the Beatfix Bow Out, we'll be playing some of the awesome tunes that've made the show what it was, as well as the usual upfront, forward thinking tuna we'd like to think we've become known for. Tune in from 8 and join us for a right old knee's up to celebrate 4 years and out :D

Webcam and chatroom can be found at http://beatfix.camstreams.com

Or if you just want audio, it will be going out on http://www.mflive.com

I won't speak for the other guys 'cos they can post their thank you's in here themselves, but i'd like to thank Tearz and Uni for giving us the webspace, technology and getting not only the show off the ground but also the whole mflive experience. Thanks to our regular listeners, all the unregular listeners, all the people who've popped in and out week in week out, special thanks to those who've hassled and slagged us off in the chatroom! Massive big ups to Mission who's given us the chance to make his ears ache every friday since we started :P BomBad for constantly requesting Pendulum! Loaf for the tech help, and too many more to mention. Last but not least in the least, thanks to Kym and Vix for make the whole thing as enjoyable as it was.

So join us on thursday night for an extended show, whether you've tuned in before or just want to know what you've missed, tune in, get in the chatroom and help us send it off in typical Beatfix fashion!

from 8 then, see ya there.

Mo.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo, Kym etc etc, do you know of a recent re-hash of some Smiths songs? its got There is a light and something else in. I heard it on Saturday night, bit 'roboty'. Also whilst I am picking your musical brains, where would I find quite old tunes from? The lovely Aphex Twin played some really wicked oldies (OMG did I really just say that?) and I would love to hear them again, sadly all the oldies compilations have the same old 'Cooler room shite' on (no offence cooler room people but....).

Tell you what, Aphex Twin was brilliant, it was like a journey through drum and bass, starting off with proper old school and finishing off with some really modern Drum & bass (I had to go and take air at that point, for fear my head would explode and my limbs would fall off).

hey Ms. Bees....

had a quick look for you on the smiths track and found 6 remixes of the track you mentioned...hopefully the one you want is amongst them, but if not there should be enough info for you to find the mix you're looking for...

http://www.djdownload.com/search.php?st=th...desc&sf=all

as for classic tunes just try hitting any major download site, they should have a back catalogue ( i use beatport, audiojelly and djdownload for my tunage although you have to pay ).

Hope this helps :P

Hmmm maybe it was a white label or something, its a menace, I dont even know who the DJ was but he really was quite ace. The trouble is I have no idea what the tunes are called and there is so much audio hell out there, you know, ah well I will try the Besti site someone there might know. Cheers though x

Miss Bees,

Danny Howells has done a remix/bootleg of "spektrum v madonna v the smiths v george michael - there is a kinda new ray of light that never goes outside", which may have been what you heard.

It's on the Bedrock Records 10 year anniversary double CD, which is released in October and is full of remixes and unreleased stuff on Bedrock.

mummy my head hurts :blink:

Thanks for tuning in last peeps, it was one to remember, mish did you manage to record it??

Good night had by all, my head hurts too.... :( worth it though, if it was Saturday i'd still be in bed nursing a hangover I know that much ;)

Thanks to everyone who tuned in for the Beatfix Finale, echo Kym on the recording did anyone manage to record it? Fatty said he was recording it, not sure what time he logged off tho.

Vix

Archived