What's Going On At Castle Rushen?

Chinahand

My son attends CRHS and is doing his GCSE's next May/June he has been given excersise books for the subjects he is doing but has been told when these books are full that they have to buy their own. Fair enough if the child has lost their book, I know you can pick up books cheaply but is this what we pay taxes for.

Aren't exercise books the ones that you write in yourself? Tell him to write less - it will save you buying new ones in Moochers at £1 each.

Say you do 8 subjects and write a bit extra. Thats 8 quid extra paper. Yes, its really holding people back that 8 quid for a whole school year.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say you do 8 subjects and write a bit extra. Thats 8 quid extra paper. Yes, its really holding people back that 8 quid for a whole school year.

Have you always been a dork or is it just a gimmick that you're trying out for the next week or two?

Have you always been a dork or is it just a gimmick that you're trying out for the next week or two?

Talking of dorks, when are our intrepid journalists going to get out of the office and find out what's happening at Castle Rushen HS ?

Talking of dorks, when are our intrepid journalists going to get out of the office and find out what's happening at Castle Rushen HS ?

The Island's intrepid investigators are far too busy talking to MHKs about strange lights in the sky.

subject for Stu on Talking Heads (or too risky until the court cases are over ?)

subject for Stu on Talking Heads (or too risky until the court cases are over ?)

What? Dorks? :o

what court cases ?

As a person not involved with the current dilemma at the school, I find it strange that this has reached the beginning of a new school term, when it appears that people were aware of the situation before.

I would like to see an independent evaluation of the current circumstances that is not tied to any government or public body as it would seem that there are areas that need addressing and addressing quickly, as the main people who lose out in all this, are the children.

To the teachers of the school who are trying their hardest, regardless of the situation, I applaud your determination and wish you all the very best.

For those who are in charge of budgets and (alleged) have stopped additional free exercise books, then I'm ashamed to hear of it and I hope that policy makers do something urgently to address that situation.

In general, get talking and iron these problems out quickly, but do it right. It's the childrens future we're talking about here and if the problem remains with the Head as been suggested, then the Head needs to change, one way or another.

As a person not involved with the current dilemma at the school, I find it strange that this has reached the beginning of a new school term, when it appears that people were aware of the situation before.

I would like to see an independent evaluation of the current circumstances that is not tied to any government or public body as it would seem that there are areas that need addressing and addressing quickly, as the main people who lose out in all this, are the children.

To the teachers of the school who are trying their hardest, regardless of the situation, I applaud your determination and wish you all the very best.

For those who are in charge of budgets and (alleged) have stopped additional free exercise books, then I'm ashamed to hear of it and I hope that policy makers do something urgently to address that situation.

In general, get talking and iron these problems out quickly, but do it right. It's the childrens future we're talking about here and if the problem remains with the Head as been suggested, then the Head needs to change, one way or another.

The situation is that no one has made a statement, no one has been or has not been suspended, nothing has or has not happened, the Governors have nothing to say, the Minister has nothing to say, no one has or has not assaulted anyone, no one has or has not been bullied, but the DOE is going to reassure the parents. Sometime. The journalists know nothing. Or know everything. But they can't say. We get the Government and the Press we deserve. Of course today all may yet be revealed.

No I'm just not some skinflint who is too mean to buy an exercise book every now and again.

No I'm just not some skinflint who is too mean to buy an exercise book every now and again.

Full or part time dork, you're clearly one anyway.

IRIS, airport runway extension, the joke that is the DTL, etc. etc. Sponges soaking up our money and here we are in the 21st century unable to provide exercise books for our schoolchildren.

Archived