[BBC News] Powerboats set for island finale

Newsbot

I saw one 'going down the road' this morning, heading out of Douglas.

On a side note - anyone know why the front of the Simm's was papered over this morning? I'm assuming they haven't shut up shop?

On a side note - anyone know why the front of the Simm's was papered over this morning? I'm assuming they haven't shut up shop?

Maybe because the road past it is to be closed to traffic for up to one month shortly and they may have moved to another facility.

Is it? What's getting done there then? Presume you mean just where they've been creating a new entrance down to the estate and making the road past it even worse than it was already?

Surely they're not closing the whole road through to Douglas? :blink:

Is it? What's getting done there then? Presume you mean just where they've been creating a new entrance down to the estate and making the road past it even worse than it was already?

Surely they're not closing the whole road through to Douglas? :blink:

Sorry Cret Ive just chucked the letter from the DOT in the bin, it says something like that major road improvements are to be made on the old Castletown road junction at white Howe to improve traffic flow, the works will involve closing the roads. Can't remember the dates but it seems that we are in for chaos, as they DOT plan to start work on Richmond hill on or about the same time.

Maybe because the road past it is to be closed to traffic for up to one month shortly and they may have moved to another facility.

WRONG <_<

They are only shut to carry out a Stock check ;) . nothing sinister happening here move along please there is nothing to see :cool:

Sorry Cret Ive just chucked the letter from the DOT in the bin, it says something like that major road improvements are to be made on the old Castletown road junction at white Howe to improve traffic flow, the works will involve closing the roads. Can't remember the dates but it seems that we are in for chaos, as they DOT plan to start work on Richmond hill on or about the same time.

Cheers anyway mate.

I'm not sure how I hadn't heard about this. Sounds like fun anyway. So basically all the traffic from the south to Douglas every day will be going down past anagh cooar & through quarterbridge. Clever.

Why they didn't decide to do this while the school hols were on and the roads were a lot quieter is beyond me. Fecking idiots!

Power boating has to be the most elitist wankery sport after Formula One. You could see all the chinless wonders on the prom this afternoon patting each other on the back and then getting into their Range Rovers and buggering off somewhere better.

Probably true of the bigger class events, but this Honda one-design series is cheap compared to campaigning an offshore class boat

This crowd are more Milton Keynes than Monte Carlo

I give you Team Victory - series of stills but interesting if you're into the boats.

Used to love watching these beasts in Guernsey.

I don't think this second one is the same series but it's kinda cool... UAV FTW

- aerial action shots this time.

shore based cam action with sounds - mm twin V12's on teh water.

Archived