[BBC News] Governor's Bridge works to start

Newsbot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe the incompetence of these people! FIVE WEEKS???!

FIVE WEEKS?

Really.. Five Weeks??? How is that even possible? Are they purposely trying to take as loooong as possible?

FIVE WEEKS?!! :D

sorry.. I just don't get it.

I cannot believe the incompetence of these people! FIVE WEEKS???!

FIVE WEEKS?

Really.. Five Weeks??? How is that even possible? Are they purposely trying to take as loooong as possible?

FIVE WEEKS?!! :D

sorry.. I just don't get it.

It's very easy. In order to obtain as much overtime pay as possible, most of the work will take place on saturday and sunday, with monday to friday being used to eat sausage baps and read red tops. Therefore, the work will only take about 10 days of actual man power, the other 25 days will be spent as above, ie, doing sod all!

I think the DoT should install webcams at each and every roadworks they do, so the public can see in real time what they are actually doing.

thay wont be vary exciting cams to watch,

"what was that was it movement, it was omg there doing something, O hold on it was a plastic bag blowing in the wind"

Why not pre-manufacture a removable roundabout like the others in that area and the magic refuge at Braddan, bring it over and put it in place in about an hour? No disruption to the islands busiest junction and no overtime. Probably cheaper and more useful to be movable also. Could be in four different coloured sections like lego and change the sections round occasionally for a change of scenery. Oh also it should be soft so the workers can sit on them to watch the races.

Five weeks, they really are taking the piss for sure now.

And now the water authority announce that contractors are starting the next phase of laying a new water main along Hillberry road / Avondale road, ( Signpost corner to the Manx Arms) starting on the same day as the DOT start their mammoth task at Governors bridge (22 September).

What wonderful planning.

To be fair to the water people, this is a long-term process to lay a new pipe from Onchan to Laxey, and the first section (down through Birch hill) was completed last winter. The DOT on the other hand are trying to correct their very expensive cock up and could very well leave this until the alternative route for traffic trying to avoid Gov bridge is free flowing and not blocked with traffic lights.

Hannay & co must be the biggest load of tossers ever employed by our Government.

And a bargain at 50 million pounds

(may not be quite that much)

Yeah but it sounds much better when you talk millions for a roundabout makes the hospital, Electric 'things' and prison look cheap :) What are those cones all about on the roundabout? I am often tempted to go and move them, if they do not want people to drive over the round about then surely they shoudnt have made it look like a roady type of affair.

Yeah but it sounds much better when you talk millions for a roundabout makes the hospital, Electric 'things' and prison look cheap :) What are those cones all about on the roundabout? I am often tempted to go and move them, if they do not want people to drive over the round about then surely they shoudnt have made it look like a roady type of affair.

You've not been paying attention have you Bees?

What are those cones all about on the roundabout? I am often tempted to go and move them, if they do not want people to drive over the round about then surely they shoudnt have made it look like a roady type of affair.

It's a skill challenge. You have to get the whole of your car onto the red bit without clipping your wing mirror on a cone

I would just like to fess up here and now that i am one of the many dickheads who was driving straight over the red area with a callous disregard for the DOTs original intention for it to be a runover space for bigg lorries and such. (They shouldn't have made it so damn sexy and inviting in my opinion).

I apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused to my fellow motorists for the now 5 week upheaval period which follows.

Archived