Term Time Holiday Ban

Cronky

It's only been postponed so that all of the school governors who take their kids out in term time won't have to cancel their holidays or appear in court.

Whatever the rights, wrongs and views on the issue, the way it was handled and the tone of the letter sent to parents was high-handed, arrogant and pompous. The civil servant responsible should be sacked.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever the rights, wrongs and views on the issue, the way it was handled and the tone of the letter sent to parents was high-handed, arrogant and pompous. The civil servant responsible should be sacked.

Agree there, I'm in favour of stopping the practice but it was handled very badly. There wasn't any consideration for people who book holidays a year in advance either, which many do.

Joanne Hobson seems to be making a name for herself over this. I mean, the Courier don't just invite any old nobody to answer a load of pointless and inane questions in order to fill a half page news void in the paper now do they. It's a dangerous game, courting the media, they have a habit of biting you on the arse. Or, do I sense an impending bid for public office? Tourism and Leisure probably....... ; )) I wonder if she really will have made a difference. I'm hoping her silly petition won't make any, I mean, where will it all end, lol,lol.... ;

Archived