Credit Crunch

Port Erin

Withdrawing Endurance, bringing in change to the islanders' status (to keep out the HK chinese) sent out a message to the Argentines that we were abandoning the Falklands because it was politically expedient to do so. They decided to invade because it was politically expedient to do so. Maggie et al got them back because it was politically expedient to do so. They also destroyed manufacturing, de-regulated the city and made a virtue out of greed because it was politically expedient to do so.

The only parallels I can see is that they are both Tory fuck-ups to retain power for the sake of it.

Now strange but true (Albert) it wasn't actually illegal for the likes of those managing Northern Crock to issue ridiculous 125% mortgages. Unsound business practices most certainly but illegal - no. With the economy seeming to be going well I guess there was little reason for the Gov to change things. Had they tried regulatory legislation accusations of unnecessary meddling would have been shouted from the (Daily Mail) rooftops. But you know something (Albert) I can't help thinking that back in the dim and distant past someone (Albert) posted on here that the prosperity under NuLabour was all down to the last Conservative Administration - but I can't be arsed to go look for it.

Ever considered watching Newsnight instead of feckin Newsround?

A bit more moderator lobbying, and hopefully we'll get you and Droidy that MF junior forum section you obviously crave.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a reference to the praise heeped on Broon and Dharling:

The Australian 14 October: US economist Paul Krugman, a fierce critic of US President George W Bush's handling of the global financial crisis, won the Nobel Economics Prize Monday.

In his New York Times newspaper column Sunday, Krugman said Brown and Darling "have defined the character of the worldwide rescue effort, with other wealthy nations playing catch-up.

"The Brown government has shown itself willing to think clearly about the financial crisis, and act quickly on its conclusions," he wrote.

"And this combination of clarity and decisiveness hasn't been matched by any other Western government, least of all our own.

"The British government went straight to the heart of the problem - and moved to address it with stunning speed.

"Luckily for the world economy ... Brown and his officials are making sense. And they may have shown us the way through this crisis."

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

I've been ask to see if anyone would like to talk on camera tomorrow morning, Wednesday, about how the cost of fuel, heating etc is causing problems with the family income and what hardship is being felt in the IoM.

Sorry not much notice but the package is due to air tomorrow night.

paul.moulton@itv.com

Hello all

I've been ask to see if anyone would like to talk on camera tomorrow morning, Wednesday, about how the cost of fuel, heating etc is causing problems with the family income and what hardship is being felt in the IoM.

paul.moulton@itv.com

Paul did anyone from this company contact you today.

http://www.thefuelcardpeople.co.uk/shell/

Hello all

paul.moulton@itv.com

Its a shame that you were not clammering to cover all the good stuff when it was happening. Now its all doom and gloom the local media are like a rat up a drainpipe to see who can tell us how much worse its going to get here for all of us. You must love spreading the message of doom as you seem to do it so well.

1.5% drop! Don't save you fools, borrow! It's the future!

Most banks won't be passing it on. Only Lloyds TSB have said they will and that's only because they're waiting for £5.5bn off the taxpayer to fund the HBOS take over.

As for HBOS as an existing customer I tried to get a reasonable base rate tracker from them yesterday - they are only doing 5 year tracking deals and the booking fee is £1,300 the miserable, thieving shits.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/mortgages/existin...yeartracker.asp

I can't wait to see the whole lot of them disappear up their own arses.

Hello all

paul.moulton@itv.com

Its a shame that you were not clammering to cover all the good stuff when it was happening. Now its all doom and gloom the local media are like a rat up a drainpipe to see who can tell us how much worse its going to get here for all of us. You must love spreading the message of doom as you seem to do it so well.

Totally agree with that.

Cheers for promoting the IOM so well Paul. Roll on Tyne Tees...

Archived