16-year-olds In Pubs?

Lonan3

"I don't think a police man saying 16 year olds should be allowed to drink in pubs is sending out the correct message. I would agree that 16year olds should be allowed to drink in pubs, but only if they are with adults (maybe 25yrs+) "

That's a good idea, so when your 16 yr old daughter or son approaches a total stranger with the line "hello, I'm only 16, would you please stay in the pub with me all evening and help me get wrecked?" Where do we form the queue?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone into pub and had a drink a few times, but all of those were with a meal.

I don't think a police man saying 16 year olds should be allowed to drink in pubs is sending out the correct message. I would agree that 16year olds should be allowed to drink in pubs, but only if they are with adults (maybe 25yrs+)

Good point, and I think that it is a very sensible idea, however, those that are 16 should be limited to maybe 2 or 3 drinks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well on one hand i think i kind of agree with police as that i think the 16 year olds are going to do it anyway.I do not think they would go in a pub as some get alcohol from there house i know of some parents that give there children bottles of it. Or some will take it from parents without asking.Most will share a bottle with there friends and pubs do not often offer you a bottle of wkd etc they give you a glass of it. So i think as most want to get absolutly bladdered and in pubs if you far to drunk usually they will throw you out i think that youngsters enjoy the freedom of drinking without limit of how drunk they are.Some will enjoy hideing from police they do not care if they are caught sometimes it adds to the fun.I do not think this law will make a difference as i doubt they will go to pub anyway so therefore i do not care about them letting 16 year olds into pubs because i do not think they want to go there.

Archived