[BBC News] Poodle badly hurt in dog attack

Newsbot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to this story the dog also attacked Champ (allegedly) :rolleyes: The swine!

"Sara Kneen, whose American pit bull terrier called Champ has been ruled illegal by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, believes her pet was attacked by the same bull mastiff that targeted Rocky about a year ago in Derby Square, Douglas.

'I don't know who owns it, but I was coming out of my friend's flat and had Champ on a lead when this bull mastiff grabbed Champ around the throat,' she said.

'He ripped his throat open, the dog is very vicious. It should be kept on a lead or muzzled.' "

She craves attention this girl doesn't she? I expect to see her on x-factor and big brother next year.

According to this story the dog also attacked Champ (allegedly) :rolleyes: The swine!

"Sara Kneen, whose American pit bull terrier called Champ has been ruled illegal by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, believes her pet was attacked by the same bull mastiff that targeted Rocky about a year ago in Derby Square, Douglas.

'I don't know who owns it, but I was coming out of my friend's flat and had Champ on a lead when this bull mastiff grabbed Champ around the throat,' she said.

'He ripped his throat open, the dog is very vicious. It should be kept on a lead or muzzled.' "

She craves attention this girl doesn't she? I expect to see her on x-factor and big brother next year.

I don't know which is worse; her coming out with the story, or iomtoday for publishing it. If it's not a load of bollocks in the first place, it's at best pure speculation that it was the same dog. I wonder if this alleged incident was reported to the police at the time?

She believes that the bull mastiff involved has attacked several other dogs.

Based on what evidence? Come on iomtoday, if you're going to give her a platform, at least ask her to justify it. I shall be taking this up with the editor!

Its the first I have heard about Champ being attacked by a BM.... Whilst I fully support the cause of saving Champ, why wasn't this mentioned earlier in the campaign to save him, as surely if he did not fight back during the attack it would have strengthened the argument that he should be spared as he's not violent

Maybe it has been said for publicity, now that the Champ story is out of the media spotlight.........

Its the first I have heard about Champ being attacked by a BM.... Whilst I fully support the cause of saving Champ, why wasn't this mentioned earlier in the campaign to save him, as surely if he did not fight back during the attack it would have strengthened the argument that he should be spared as he's not violent

Maybe it has been said for publicity, now that the Champ story is out of the media spotlight.........

Maybe its a complete load of bollocks, like half the things that have been claimed about Champ the 3 or 5 year old not-really-a-pitbull-terrier born in Ireland or the Isle of Man?

Surely as Champ had his throat 'ripped open' during the attack, the vet who treated him for this seeming near-fatal wound would have records of the date that it happened and the report he made to the Police about a dangerous dog on the loose?

I don't know which is worse; her coming out with the story, or iomtoday for publishing it. If it's not a load of bollocks in the first place, it's at best pure speculation that it was the same dog. I wonder if this alleged incident was reported to the police at the time?

She believes that the bull mastiff involved has attacked several other dogs.

Based on what evidence? Come on iomtoday, if you're going to give her a platform, at least ask her to justify it. I shall be taking this up with the editor!

I will also be making a complaint, none of the pictures of Champ that I have seen show any scarring to back up a story that his throat was ripped open at any time, and I assume that IOM Newspapers called the IOMSPCA to confirm such damage was there before publishing the story, or asked to speak to her vet to confirm the dog was treated for a 'ripping open of the throat'?

Furthermore, who is SHE to state it was a Bull Mastiff, she cannot even identify her own fucking dog, nevermind someone else's.

Has Sara suddenly become our resident dog expert?

Who writes this shit?

I believe Champ has also saved many lives in a flight over from the US when both the pilot and co-pilot were overcome by fumes from a faulty air conditioning unit.

Apparently the game little fellow picked the lock in his travel cage when he heard the passengers screaming, gnawed his was out of the cargo hold and bravely made his way along the exterior of the plummeting aircraft in temperatures of minus 30 before forcing an entry into the cockpit and taking over the controls of the plane to make a succesful landing at fog bound Gatwick, thus saving 237 passengers and crew from an icy grave beneath the North Atlantic.

I believe Champ has also saved many lives in a flight over from the US when both the pilot and co-pilot were overcome by fumes from a faulty air conditioning unit.

Apparently the game little fellow picked the lock in his travel cage when he heard the passengers screaming, gnawed his was out of the cargo hold and bravely made his way along the exterior of the plummeting aircraft in temperatures of minus 30 before forcing an entry into the cockpit and taking over the controls of the plane to make a succesful landing at fog bound Gatwick, thus saving 237 passengers and crew from an icy grave beneath the North Atlantic.

I'm sorry but this story is NOT true. The lock on the travel cage was never in use, so champ couldn't have picked the lock before leaving the cargo hold. It was added by Sara to sensationalise the story.

Sorry - more lies!!

he was actually attacked by 2 lurchers when he was much younger - for which he received veterinary treatment.

I'm sorry but this story is NOT true. The lock on the travel cage was never in use, so champ couldn't have picked the lock before leaving the cargo hold. It was added by Sara to sensationalise the story.

rrr...woof! Wauuuuuuuuuuuu

champ2gs0.jpg

Archived