[BBC News] Work on fast craft forges ahead

Newsbot

Work is forging ahead on a new fast craft which is due to enter service with the Steam Packet Company next year.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7634697.stm

Bet it's still not up and running before next summer though. I just love the way the spin keeps on mentioning it's the largest vessel 'of it's type' on the Irish Sea.

Just as well we're all not idiots.

Don't look bad though.

9176072g.jpg

It'll need more than flash looks to succeed where the other aluminium junk has proved to be entirely inadequate.

Give it a season or two, see how it's mechanics perform and whether or not it can cope with average weather conditions in the Irish Sea.

It'll need more than flash looks to succeed where the other aluminium junk has proved to be entirely inadequate.

Give it a season or two, see how it's mechanics perform and whether or not it can cope with average weather conditions in the Irish Sea.

Well if you dont like it there's always a boat in the morning hehehehe :w00t:

Well if you dont like it there's always a boat in the morning hehehehe :w00t:

Where could I go on the boat in the morning - if it actually sails?

Born, bred full bifters Manx.

Unlike many (most) here I have no allegiance to, or affinity with, the UK, I just want a decent shipping service.

It's perfectly capable of coping with all bar the more severe winter conditions, i.e., seas at the upper end of 'very rough' into the 'high' categories. Unfortunately, it's more than likely to have a similar, stringent wave height threshold imposed on it by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, thereby restricting it's operability.

I say 'unfortunately' but quite what passenger comfort would be like on the craft in seas classified, technically, as very rough may be another issue!

the Steam packet have decided to release the name of the new vessel early

post-7123-1222347465_thumb.jpg

They hope the locals are very happy with the new name, as they have kept referring to a vessel of this name for many years now and currently the steam packet could not think of any better name at this present time.

:)

Archived