[BBC News] Cargo link back after two years

Newsbot

I worked at Speke mid to late 70's and flights carrying newspapers left around that time. Always thought they went to Ireland and can't remember any IOM flights - although I stand to be corrected on that.

It was great being on a night shift then - I got the Sporting Chronicle hours before most people!

I worked at Speke mid to late 70's and flights carrying newspapers left around that time. Always thought they went to Ireland and can't remember any IOM flights - although I stand to be corrected on that.

It was great being on a night shift then - I got the Sporting Chronicle hours before most people!

I lived out in West Derby, north of the airport so it was unlikely to be a plane for Ireland - Manx planes sometimes take that route though, at least I've been on IOM planes which have flown over the coast at Formby and then over Kirkby and done a big circle to the south.

Dunno, but this is excellent news.

The island has suffered from a lack of dedicated airfreight service for too long. For the last few years high value urgent manufactured products from here have been off loaded from passenger flights when e.g Mrs Quayle/Corlett/Clague checked in a particularly heavy suitcase for her holidays, resulting in the potential loss of long term revenue for the Island. Its tough enough doing business in export of products from an island which can be percieved as "off the beaten track" so its great to be back on stream and regain the ability to deliver next day by 9am to the UK or next day to europe reliably when needed.

Lets make sure we use it, lest we lose it !

Should be good this "new airfreight route" :lol:

operated by Emerald :lol::lol:

No flight today Engine fire / door fell off / skid of runway (sorry that was Guernsey) try to land on the calf (not as busy as Ronaldsway)

I thought all the old 748's had gone to Africa I hope they dont overfly our house

What?

Which one are you?

post-4535-1222680947_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

'Mrs Reynolds said at the time oif the launch she felt sure it would have meant the reversal of falling air cargo tonnage passing through the airport and she also felt there had been a 'very positive response from the Island's freight industry' to the restarting of the route.'

The Directress is spot on again - not! It really is time she went. How about trying Stansted with her old employer?

Archived