"doing This For Chris" Fri/sat At The Haven

Lucy

I'm sure many of you will remember the charity gig at the Haven in August 2007 where we managed to raise something in excess of £5000 to help Chris Walmsley and his family. For those of you unfamiliar with Chris's tragic story, please have a look at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=227851353

Anyhoooo, whilst Chris is improved on his condition 12 months ago, his family still need help, not least of which being the means to get Chris back home where he belongs, a key factor on his road to recovery. As you can see from the Myspace, even this is proving difficult as the planning application to knock down the garage at the family home to construct purpose built accomodation for Chris has been refused!

To cut a long story short, we've decided to do the gig all over again. Brian at The Haven has very kindly agreed to us using the pub on Saturday 27th September to hold 12 hours of quality giggage and fundraising fun.

We've had telephone contact with a number of people with regard to playing that day, but if you haven't already spoken to captain, roadie mama or myself, please drop me a pm if you're interested. We'll do our best to get as many acts onstage as possible, acoustic, full band, orchestra....whatever.

Also, we're looking for help with backline, drumkit, pa, raffle prizes, suggestions for fringe events around PE that day, sponsors etc etc. If you can offer any help in any direction, please drop us a pm.

Looking forward to a fantastic day and hopefully topping last year's excellent result.

Roadie Mama, Captain and Baggy D Grin

x

Quote from said link

Link to Facebook group: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33926664104

Archived