Prize Day At Crhs

angelo

(The report you won't read in the “Examiner”)

Last Thursday evening, parents and students gathered for the 2009 prize-giving at Castle Rushen High School. Present on the platform were the Chief Minister, the Minister of Education, the Director of Education, the Chairman of Governors and other distinguished guests.

The Chairman of the Governors nervously introduced each programme item, and the musical interludes. The Chief Minister reminisced at some length about his happy days at CRHS, and his pride in the school's achievements. The two acting Head Teachers reported on the school's exceptional achievements during the past year - best SATs on the Island, best GCSEs, best A levels, the positioning of the school among the top three non-selective secondary schools in Islands, England and Wales for A level results, the school's exceptional achievements in out-of-school activities and community involvement.

Throughout this recital of CRHS achievements, and the following award of prizes and certificates, the Director and the Minister of Education sat with stony, rather unhappy faces, staring over the head of the audience of parents and students at the small grey elephant which they could see nuzzling the back row of the audience in the hall. But no one on the platform mentioned the elephant, which was a little strange.

Afterwards, with tea and cakes in the Library, parents and students could talk of nothing else but the elephant in the room, which no one on the platform had seen fit to mention during this happy, but slightly perplexing, evening.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was their getting my award . . .

Obviously not for basic English Grammer, but I understand the kids of today don't need to know all that shit.

Atti and the The Raz will be turning in there graves, and the lad Stewart will probably be saying 'who cares anyway?' and doing another wee script for the Manx Radio book review whilst the homework goes unmarked.

I was their getting my award . . .

Obviously not for basic English Grammer, but I understand the kids of today don't need to know all that shit.

Atti and the The Raz will be turning in there graves, and the lad Stewart will probably be saying 'who cares anyway?' and doing another wee script for the Manx Radio book review whilst the homework goes unmarked.

Haha, I see what you've done there! Like the irony!

Archived