Gang Of Lads From The Island

badlad

A group of young lads on the boat, some of who looked a lot less than 18 were very drunk and appeared to be unsupervised. What a shameful display we got treated to. Running through the passenger cabin area shouting. throwing every bit of litter over the side of the boat they could lay their hands on, filling bottles and cans with pee and leaving them in the urinals, the language was appalling effing and blinding all over the ship at the top of the voices and one bunch of lads went down onto the car deck before we had docked at heysham.Not what you would call a good advert for the islands youth or indeed the management of the be my chree.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
throwing every bit of litter over the side of the boat they could lay their hands on,

Not allowed in the Irish Sea. Did anyone report them to the crew? Wouldn't be the first time they organise a welcoming committee at the next port - one with blue flashing lights, that is.

Found it always amazing that people think they get away with stuff like that on a boat - the most stupid place to pull any kind of nonsense. Where'ya gonna go ? There's only one exit and they have radio contact to the port, you know...

filling bottles and cans with pee

Couldn't they get arrested for possession of can'o'piss?

Sounds like rather an inconsiderate bunch if your description is right though. You'd think perhaps someone in the crew might have had a quiet word with them, to ask them to settle down on pain of being met at the port by the old bill.

Little shits.

I find myself more and more disgusted with what I see happening these days. The examples of todays youth on that boat. .. they need a walk round a war cemetry to show them what generations fought for...so they could grow up in a free world...ungrateful bastards. But this is the result of the nanny f***g state..cant tell anyone off..no regard for the law..drive while on the phone...yeh I wont be caught...I could go on, but I WAS having a good night in till I read this... ws in my local before...'you just out...yeh..f in this and f in that....didnt pay my maintainance.' ...laughing.... it so winds me up. the Island will only get worse....

...the great man Paul Newman died today,....married umpteen years..gave millions to charity....what a wonderfull world.

sorry drink thing....!!!! Rant over (if you can understand it !!)

they need a walk round a war cemetry to show them what generations fought for...so they could grow up in a free world...ungrateful bastards.

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe for a second these sort of people would two shits (or even one) for what that means. I don't think they give a shit about anything besides themselves really.

Disappointing.

they need a walk round a war cemetry to show them what generations fought for...so they could grow up in a free world...ungrateful bastards.

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe for a second these sort of people would two shits (or even one) for what that means. I don't think they give a shit about anything besides themselves really.

Disappointing.

I don't quite understand how visiting a war cemetery and looking at the gravestones of World War Two dead should have an effect on these young people. I don't understand why should are ungrateful either. But that sort of behaviour should not have been allowed to go on whether it be on a ship, bus, or train. I doubt there is little the staff could do other than giving them a 'telling off' and that would probably cause more problems. If their behaviour is THAT bad, maybe the Steam Packet should refuse to carry them again.

Those kids woke my daughter up by making so much noise in the cabin corridor. I went out to tell them to be quiet, there were two of them rolling around on the floor.

I went back to the cabin - next thing they barged in the door behind me! My daughter was freaked out and could not get back to sleep as she thought they would be back again.

A complete waste of money booking a cabin to try and make sure she got some sleep.

I thought they had security staff on the ferries these days?

It's not unusual for a crowd of rowdy yobs to be pissing it up in the bar and nothing seems to ever be said to them by the crew. Perhaps if someone complained or a few passengers took it upon themselves to shut them up?

According to customer services, no-one else has made any complaint (or did at the time), they are basically suggesting I am making a fuss about nothing.

I know I could have got someone at the time but franky I was more concerned with trying to reassure my daughter and play down the situation.

So please call them (on 645645) and make sure they know what was going on!

Archived