[bbc News] Island Set For Fleeting Qe2 Visit

Newsbot

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's here for half an hour while everyone's still in bed and this merits a set of commemorative stamps?!?!?!?!

All except me and my dad :P - I think she does merit commemorative stamps as she is far more famous than a lot of people assume. Interesting fact that she is currently the fastest active passenger ship in the world.

Will he? That's nice of him :rolleyes:

Here's your chance Amadeus - distract the QE2's Captain and scupper her on Conister Rock. Just like the QE in Hong Kong harbour this could be a tourist attraction (wreck diving, boat tours, climbing frame etc), saving the Island from a bleak future. We then oust Geoff Corkish and you are made Minister of Fun.

queeneme0.jpg

Or maybe just take a photo.

It's here for half an hour while everyone's still in bed and this merits a set of commemorative stamps?!?!?!?!

I was hoping to see a civic reception followed by a glittering awards evening attended by local dignitaries and civic leaders with the ceremony opened by a bloke in a jumper and featuring a tribute singer.

Followed by fireworks.

Usual stuff, nothing too OTT mind.

I was hoping to see a civic reception followed by a glittering awards evening attended by local dignitaries and civic leaders with the ceremony opened by a bloke in a jumper and featuring a tribute singer.

Followed by fireworks.

Usual stuff, nothing too OTT mind.

They're doing that in Liverpool.

SPC should have bought it rather than this heap of junk

The QE2 was sold for £50m. INCAT 050 cost £20m.

Archived