[bbc News] Island Set For Fleeting Qe2 Visit

Newsbot

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be up in any case, and will be able to sit in bed and watch her in Douglas bay :thumbsup:

Although, I will probably be out on the headland with camera (on a tripod at that time of day) to try to take a snap or two. However, not expecting to get too much as the weather looks as if it is not going to be at its best either. Good year for ships in Douglas, first was the the very fleeting visit of HMS Ark Royal, and now the QE2. Hope she stays a wee bit longer that the aircraft carrier did.

I will be up in any case, and will be able to sit in bed and watch her in Douglas bay :thumbsup:

Although, I will probably be out on the headland with camera (on a tripod at that time of day) to try to take a snap or two. However, not expecting to get too much as the weather looks as if it is not going to be at its best either. Good year for ships in Douglas, first was the the very fleeting visit of HMS Ark Royal, and now the QE2. Hope she stays a wee bit longer that the aircraft carrier did.

It has been a good year for ships here in Douglas. Sadly for me, I've got to get down from Willaston! Pah at least I'm getting a lift down.

Nice.

It's kinda like one of the old Manx boats. Black and white with a funnel sticking out, but bigger.

I thought originally Tony's message was going to be broadcast over the ship's tanoy system, rather than a note surreptitiously slipped under the passengers' doors.

As long as they get the message I suppose it is all the same thing, although I suppose those of them who were too tired or hungover to get out of bed and couldn't be arsed to see the Isle of Man from a distance could have a bit of peace.

Even on the Steam Packet, some of those broadcast messages get a tad irritating don't they.

She didn't really get into the bay afaics - maybe someone else has a few snaps? Paging Titanic :)

In the meanwhile, here's the official commemorative desktop wallpaper. Don't miss out on this limited edition offer - only £14.99. Please drop the cash off at me house after downloading - any colour envelopes accepted.

800x600

th_qe9.jpg

1024x768

th_qe8.jpg

1152 x 864

th_qe7.jpg

1280 x 960

th_qe6.jpg

1600 x 1200

th_qe5.jpg

Archived