Fifa Vs Pro Evo

the mo beats experience

I've not bought a football game in years, the "realism" they seem to be trying to emulate takes the fun out of it for me. The last one i had was pro evo 3 or 4, the one with collina on the front. But i was determined to give them a go this year so i pre-ordered FIFA on the strength of the demo, with the thinking that if i find it rhubarb then i'll just trade it for pro evo when that comes out. FIFA's out friday, with pro evo 2 weeks later.

The thought of being able to have 10 vs 10 online battles sounds wicked.

Which are you getting, if either? And does anyone fancy putting together a forum team?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro Evo all the way, although I bought Fifa last year as their games seem to have comes on bounds since the early additions and last years Pro Evo was just shocking.

This year Konami say this Pro Evo version should be 100% percent better, fingers crossed

Played the Fifa demo and it was okay, quite impressed - but it still feels a bit soft like your floating along. Went straight back and played on PES and it just felt right, even though the last one was wank in terms of the problems it had.

Me and most of my mates are die hard PES players though, so looks like we'll all continue that way. Just have to wait and see - the demo is up on PSN soon.

The thought of being able to have 10 vs 10 online battles sounds wicked.

I thought this looked good at first, but in reality it might be a nightmare. People one-manning it up the pitch, never getting the ball passed, primary school football where everyone just chases afer the ball, lag issues. How does the camera work? does it follow the ball or the player? Do you only come into screen when the ball gets near?

I've done pro-evo with 4 players and that's doable, I reckon 10 vs 10 could be manic unless you have a bit of order in your team.

Be interesting to see it running tho.

Oh and just for info demo out tomorrow:

Konami has today announced that a playable demo of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is to be released for the PS3 Thursday October 2, several weeks ahead of the game's October 17 retail release.

The demo will feature a full five minute exhibition match featuring Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona as playable club teams. The Italian and French national sides will also be available.

The demo will also include promotional videos detailing the the 'Become a Legend' and online 'Legends' modes.

I know it doesnt affect the game play...but the hit and miss licensing issues for Pro Evo sometimes annoy...but occassionally amuse.

PES for me though all the way.

There are people out there who edit everything & put it on an option file which you can download for free.

Just finished a game.

Well it's better than 2008 which can only be a good thing. I can't help but feel bumped though. Games like MGS4 & GTA4 have blown me away with next gen graphics yet I can't say the same for FIFA & PES.

Oh yeah, the ball sound effects are terrible.

Archived