[BBC News] Hundreds of fish killed in river

Newsbot

So who was it? Laxey isnt exactly a hive of industry, hardly going to be the blacksmiths, are the woolen mills still there, even? It would be nice if the fine was enough to cover the cost of replacing the salmon with farmed fishes but, its most unlikely to be.

There's been more than enough instances of careless sods going unprosecuted for such incidents. About time an example was set.

I've been told it was DAFF workers, who spilt a load of lime in the river, was also told the number killed was close to a 1000. Pub talk only, mind.

I heard a similar "unsubstantiated rumour" , only my skeet came from the angling fraternity!

The version I heard was that workers contracted to D.A.F.F. cleaned their cement mixer out into the river !

The question is,who do they prosecute ? Is it themselves?

Anyway if the rumours are true , those responsible are only continuing the government trend for major enviromental f**k ups ;)

I've been told it was DAFF workers, who spilt a load of lime in the river, was also told the number killed was close to a 1000. Pub talk only, mind.

I heard a similar "unsubstantiated rumour" , only my skeet came from the angling fraternity!

Substantiated gossips.

Come on K.B. you know there's no smoke without fire!

And hopefully come November the 5th that's where you'll be ? right on top of one , your'e my kind of guy :D

Archived