Manxnet Tt Races Poll

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threads weave and develop by their very nature, Rog stated that the TT should finish as it was not compatible with the manx roads...... by extension the same rule of thumb can be applied to all road racing.

It's lateral thinking - I'm weaving here...... c'mon, work with me. :D

this thread is tied or weaved with the debate for national speed limits as the 2 are completely reliant on each other.in my humble oppinion if the speed limit is introduced then by this fact alone the TT will die a slow and painful death as the ammount of visitors withers because they will be going to do track days in spain for less money than visiting the island costs. only a very small ammount of die hards wish to pay extortionate costs to visit and stay here to see wat is effectively a small stretch of road with a flash of bikes comming past.id like to see a genuine poll of the visitors to the island and see how many would still visit once the freedom has been removed now that would be worth while and easy to do.forms and ballot boxes on the ferries for example would have shown this DOT just how much revenue this new scheme would cost everybody.on face value it would seem to be certain sectors of society who benefit but with a little thought it becomes apparent that the burger van owner is very important to the banker as without all this extra income the finance sector would be greatly reduced etc etc SHAME people didnt see this earlier!!!

Total votes cost 499739 does that mean every person on the IOM has 6.5 PCs.

A polite question to Rog are you Manx.

As a person who is highly active in bike racing I have to say the TT has to continue, its part of the IOM, the Island has has so much taken from it over the past few years, we have to save it. The main problem is the increase in the population here, I would say that its the comeovers that dont want the TT. Port Stewart in Ireland have the North West 200, and that has run for many years but is under threat from owners of Holiday homes and those that have retired to the area.

Yes riders do get killed at the TT and many get badly injured, but that wont stop them coming. In the past 5 years my riders have had bad crashes at the TT, one lost his leg, one broke his pelvis (was riding two weeks later) and this year my rider was killed. It hurts it makes you want to pack up. I wanted to crush the bike after the crash, but the father and friends of the rider said dont be silly sell as much of the bike as you can and help an other rider, thats what their son would of wanted. the rider who lost his leg is back racing again and will be riding at next years TT. The rider that broke his pelvis still races my bikes and at this weeks race at the Skerries had one hell of a get off, which you will see on the Men & Motors Program, he walked away from it and will be back on the Island to race at the S100.

The Isle of Man needs to keep the TT give it your support, if the finance industry go and they will what will we have left to make a few quid.

I think the T.T. should continue, but only if the Government introduce a speed limit (not for the racers obviously Mr. P.).

By introducing such a limit the Island will be sending a message to the irresponsible visitors that we will not put up with the slaughter on the Island's roads.

T.T. competitors choose to risk their lives during the T.T. period, people on their way to work do not.

Speed limits wont work, riders will still want to do the speeds on the mountain. Speed limits would cause more danger as the riders could lose concentration, keeping an eye out for the Police.

being able to use your bike to the full is part of the attraction of the TT, and I must stress that some local car drivers need pulling of the road during the TT.

couldnt agree more FCMR. perhaps car drivers should now stand up and be counted as the main cause of accident statistics in the island and those in the bike bashing fraternity think about the total picture in relation to bikes and T.T. revenue. Every section in this society benefits from either directly or indirectly.this isnt like england here with the loss of such revenue what industry does the SPEED LIMIT

brigade recommend too replace whats left of the tourism i.e TT races and grand prix as these will undoubtably suffer.

Speed limits wont work, riders will still want to do the speeds on the mountain. Speed limits would cause more danger as the riders could lose concentration, keeping an eye out for the Police.

Omigod, not the speed limit thing starting here as well :o !!!! Haven't you read the Road Safety thread? It's more trouble than it's worth starting about speed limits, believe me!!! :rolleyes:

PS I didn't particularly pick on your post for any reason other than it mentioned speed limits, FCMR. I wasn't singling out your comments.

the only reason people race here is because of the spectators

The competitors come here to compete in the worlds greatest motor cycle road racing event.....The spectators are here to watch the spectacle.

The whole anti limit argument seems to center on the belief that there is nothing anyone can do to stop the excessive speeding which contributes a great deal to the annual carnage.

Is it their suggestion that we do nothing but stand by and watch as more people are killed by reckless fools who arrogantly put the lives of not only themselves, but also the lives of innocent people at risk?

Speed limits can be introduced and enforced. Why shouldn't that work?

Speedsters will abandon the mountain road in favour of small country lanes? Why?

There are speed traps and speed cameras which if visible to everyone would surely act as a reminder to anyone who may be tempted to overdo it.

There are speed limits on the U.K. motorway network but it dosnt stop people using them, neither does it make them ride like lunatics around country lanes, so why should it happen here?

thats all well and good jay but that would have an adverse effect on the TT and grand prix which will have an adverse effect on the wealth of this island its unfortunate but an obviuos reality.think about how much financial aggro that foot and mouth year had on the finances of the island then think of the next 5 years of lads and lasses comming over and getting stung with fines etc and not comming back because its been ruined.how long do you think it will continue to generate revenus like it has.lets also not forget

1,TT races

2, grand prix races

3,steam packet races

4, southern 100

plus all the other events that visit us like porche weekend etc etc the loss of revenue will have a knock on effect to everybody either from loss of direct income or an increase of income tax to make up this shortfall

thats all well and good jay but that would have an adverse effect on the TT and grand prix which will have an adverse effect on the wealth of this island its unfortunate but an obviuos reality.think about how much financial aggro that foot and mouth year had on the finances of the island then think of the next 5 years of lads and lasses comming over and getting stung with fines etc and not comming back because its been ruined.how long do you think it will continue to generate revenus like it has.lets also not forget

1,TT races

2, grand prix races

3,steam packet races

4, southern 100

plus all the other events that visit us like porche weekend etc etc the loss of revenue will have a knock on effect to everybody either from loss of direct income or an increase of income tax to make up this shortfall

Why are you assuming that the introduction of a speed limit would stop the TT and all the other motor sport that takes place here?

I would have thought that the vast majority of spectators come to watch the races and would continue to do so, why wouldn't they?

If they get rid of it, no-one will come. If no-one comes the government will probably lose out and, not wanting that to happen, will hopefully reintroduce the TT.

Then all the people who like living here for all the good reasons about the Island will rejoice and drink tea. And Okells.

Archived