Manxnet Tt Races Poll

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you must. But tea is superior, as tea also includes one of those nice little stands with shelves offering a variety of cakes and sweets :D Bushy's I'll allow since Okells've stopped selling mild in all but a few pubs. xxxxxxxs.

Edit: Oooh, I thought it was just people putting xxx but that really is the swear filter. Ooh.

Daytona bike week has over 250000 bikers 99% of them on Harley Davisons, no speeding, but they still get spectators killed.

Nothwest 200 get about 125000 spectators, mainnly from Ireland, not many bikes on the coarse as they are not allowed to speed or use the bikes to the full.

The above two events can get the spectators from within its own area. The TT has to transport them in by boats and only special types of fans come to the TT, MGP

thats my point exactly FCMR the freedom the visitors get over here at the moment is a valid and necessary point.its the spectators that bring in the finance and therefore the need to run such events as TT and MGP plus the others that are intertwined with the freedom on the speed issue.if they do decline which in my oppinion will be a slow and steady process if the speed limit is introduced then its seems to me that the government wouldnt run these events if they become unviable due to lack of interest.lets not kid ourselves here the revenue they create is vast and an intrigal part of what keeps our life styles as they currently are.and so you know my oppinion comes from years of experience talking with these visitors.if i had a pound for every time i was told that if speed limits were introduced theyd stop comming i could afford my own island where speed limits were forbidden!!!

One thonh about the IOM is that we can get the public roads closed with ease for sporting events, something that other areas of the UK cant have. If the NW200 had the same freedom of the road closures a the IOM then you could kiss the TT goodbye.

would somebody please do some research into how many people die each year leaving silerstone or other tracks, this would be on one journey ie. arriving or leaving, as opposed to an entire fortnight, as the records are kept over here.

i started this thread, then forgot i'm not that arsed, love tt week, hate bikes, but i think that information would provide some good talking points for you guys.

you can thank me when the threads over, nothing too big, no surprise parties or presents or anything like that though! ;)

You do the math.

No bu really Mo, good point.

It's the old 'what price can you put on human life?' adage innit?

the Dept. of tourism obviously can but that's a huge can of worms

so I wont go into it. On the flipside you could argue that it's up to

the individual, you make your own bed and all that.

I was thinking though,what if my daughter was injured (god forbid) as a direct result of the TT (I'm like you, not into bikes,never really watched the TT with any great interest((but love the atmos atc.)) Would that be enough grounds to

say enough is enough? Dont get me wrong I love the vibe and dont want it

stop but it shocks me each year that they allow an event to go ahead that's

guaranteed a total of at least 5 deaths??!!??

Crivens!! I shouldn't post when I'm elsewhere.

<_<

Watched a program on Sky sports last week, and it was stated that 176 competitors were killed in canoe racing on one river alone in the USA last year.

And of those 176, how many were endangering the lives of other river users?

Quoting random facts only serves to make your opinion even more worthless than was first suspected.

The all Island speed limit is coming and personally I think it's a good thing.

I don't believe for one minute that a speed limit will affect people coming to the T.T either.

Anything that makes the roads a safer place has got to be a good thing.

Who,s lives are put in danger at the TT, if you are saying its the spectators, its the fault of the tourist Board who control the event, they do not regulate the viewing areas. The TT has to many nails in its coffin without adding any more. The TT is by far a lot safer than other sports.

How many killed each year riding horses.

how many skiers

how many hill walkers

how many in canoes or jet skis

how many in cycle races.

The TT is part of Manx Heritage so protect what little we have left.

Ans you have allowed someone else to post on a topic the same as what I posted last week in which you deleted, is it a case if the shoe fits.

Cliff Hazzard, one of those riders that was killed was riding for me, he died doing something he loved, he was killed on his favorite part of the track and his family SAY that this should not put me off, so I intend to continue with the sport.

Archived