John Butler Trio

Gyroscope

The CAT Empire

Presets

or for some classic stuff ...

Powderfinger.

Oz music is extremely under-rated.

YDU

There's some great music about right now, we might be heading for a massive resession but at least the music's good!

Particularly buttering my muffin at the moment are:

Late Of The Pier, indie produced by a techno DJ, edgy and great.

High Contrast, SubFocus, Chase&Status and J Majik&Wickerman, drum&bass has made a massive resurgence, this is some of the best i've heard in years.

Kings of Leon and Elbow, epic.

MGMT, very different, very good.

Yesterday i bought the TV On The Radio album, its probably the best thing i've heard all year. Sounds like a mash up of Bloc Party, Soulwax and something thrown back from the eighties, utterly brilliant.

Thoughts on those?

What's everyone else listening to just now?

Another one I forgot.....John Metcalf his new album A Darker Sunset has some rather interesting (if not a bit self indulgent) music on, A whole day nearer being my favourite (very emotive and full on, no messing about, serious music).

Cage the Elephant? were they on that cunt Holland's show this week? I can never understand a word that knob says sounded something like Page the Bannanaplant. That man and his pathetic plinky plonky piano has been ruining music programmes since I was at school and he still can't annunciate properly - I spent weeks looking for music by the bluesman C16.

Sorry about my earlier post in this thread, it reads grumpier than I intended. I echo the comments about Glasvegas and the Howling Bells earlier in the thread. Been enjoying the One More Grain, Our Brother the Native, Man Man, and Black Mountain lps also.

Archived