[BBC News] Derelict flats set for demolition

Newsbot

They will be flattened, and then

"Oh, wait, we seem to have accidently built an office block instead. Oh well, ho hum, we may as well sell it"

Just like they did with the block next door that actually has the provision to tie-in to a new block? :rolleyes:

I feel as though I should do some of that suburban exploring there. My brother was saying that him and his mate had a beer-fuelled gander inside the Devil's den known as Lord Street's poor folks housing and there's a sort of garden in the centre. They found a recently needled scag-head muttering to himself, can't promise everyone of these internal beauty spots has a resident addict, but the chances are good. Don't think it'll take much to knock the lot down, an ill-wind should do it so no need to do a Lazerus on Fred Dibnah I reckon.

Sounds like the Quines corner flats. Did some CofW for the Corpy there a few years ago.

Fine apartments, some with 3 beds, spacious with nice high ceilings. Innovative in their time with incinerators at all levels at the end of corridors.

Snag being that the outlook is ghastly, looking over the back of the Bridge etc.

Still i would have one myself for all that.

Why are they doing this!!!! Surely they could just get a bank to include them in its securitised loan portfolio? Sound perfect properties for that.

Archived