Pie Protected

manshimajin

The EU have given Protected Geographical Indicator status to the Melton Mowbray pork pie.

Pie News

What makes a good pork pies seem a very personal decision. I like those ones you can buy down from the castle in Skipton when I'm over that way - hot and fresh from the oven with the shop smelling of pastry and pork...bother I'm on a diet this week - another bowl of cabbage soup...

Just found a list of UK PGI foods

EU PGI Food List

igp1_en.gif

Interestingly one of the items on the European Union List is "Isle of Man Manx Loaghtan Lamb" so presumably the EU cover the us here as far as this geographic linkage of food is concerned.

The humble Manx Kipper has not made it to the list - what is the Government doing?

EU PGI Food List

igp1_en.gif

Interestingly one of the items on the European Union List is "Isle of Man Manx Loaghtan Lamb" so presumably the EU cover the us here as far as this geographic linkage of food is concerned.

The humble Manx Kipper has not made it to the list - what is the Government doing?

The list covers non-EU countries, too. Though presently only one.

S

EU PGI Food List]

"Isle of Man Manx Loaghtan Lamb" is a bit like saying "England English Beef".

I wonder if we'll ever see French Fries and English Muffins make the list.

Archived