Jason Quinn - His First Week On 3 F M

manxmedia

Who?

However I do have some pointers for him and all other DJs.

1. Don't talk over the start and end of a song.

2. If a song has been played within the last 6 hours, don't play it again.

3. While your mother might like to know what you got up to last night or are getting up to tonight, we really don't care.

4. I don't need to know the time. I have a watch.

5. There's a reason I don't buy the Sun/Mirror/Star. Don't read out shite from the tabloids to fill between songs.

6. Better still don't talk. If I want to hear inane chatter I'd listen to my girlfriend talk to her friends.

7. More music. Less talk.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen to that.

I quite like the DJ chatter in the right place. Mid morning or afternoon it's fine, often enjoyable.

Early morning/going home time though, all I want is tunes, which is why the cd player in the car comes into service.

There's a great radio station for you Mutley, that fulfils all your requirements.

It's called an iPod...

I rarely listen to the radio - only when I'm forced to in my gf's car.

Think he is doing a fine job - can't imagine doing it myself!

Maybe slightly biased as I have worked with him recently and he does talk a lot of sense - I can imagine there are a lot of rules that all DJ's (not including the BBC ones) would have to play to as a result of their sponsors. If someone had sponsored time-checks, then they would insist on so many per hour. The playlist would be controlled by the station, not by the DJ, and again I don't know a publicly broadcast station that isn't.

Good background fill is how I would describe it. If you don't like it - don't listen to it!

I cant stand him, his voice really pisses me off, I really like 3fm but now Im not to sure.

Sounds a bit camp really.. from what I remember.

Haven't listened to radio for about 3 years now.. though i doubt he has changed. I do have a few recorded tapes of him though back when he was on manx radio doing dance nation. Some decent mixing actually on some top tunes. Back then, he was the only one.. so respect to him for that.

Who?

However I do have some pointers for him and all other DJs.

1. Don't talk over the start and end of a song.

2. If a song has been played within the last 6 hours, don't play it again.

3. While your mother might like to know what you got up to last night or are getting up to tonight, we really don't care.

4. I don't need to know the time. I have a watch.

5. There's a reason I don't buy the Sun/Mirror/Star. Don't read out shite from the tabloids to fill between songs.

6. Better still don't talk. If I want to hear inane chatter I'd listen to my girlfriend talk to her friends.

7. More music. Less talk.

give the boy a job....number 2 will give u an issue over here...play lists.

Is Jason Quinn the verbally stumbling bumbling one that laughs out loud at his own mediocre jokes? wonder how much they are paying him to sit there playing Now 14 tapes.

No, the person you describe is Alex Brindley.

He was a famous Steam Packet worker.

Think he does something for Manx Radio also. He is happy in his skin and thinks we should all keep a smile on our face, look out for each other and dip our lights?

I get the impression from some of his comments that he is a frustrated boy with a weight problem.

I listen to 3FM. Most Sunday mornings I put it on while I'm having a coffee, before I walk the dog, so that's about 20 minutes a week, the only reason I do so, is that at that time of morning the stations I usually listen to, Radio 2 & 4 are doing their religious bit.

I also listen to Manx Radio daily from 07:00 to 07:07, 12:00 to 12:07 and 17:00 to 17:07.

I listen to 3FM. Most Sunday mornings I put it on while I'm having a coffee, before I walk the dog, so that's about 20 minutes a week, the only reason I do so, is that at that time of morning the stations I usually listen to, Radio 2 & 4 are doing their religious bit.

I also listen to Manx Radio daily from 07:00 to 07:07, 12:00 to 12:07 and 17:00 to 17:07.

Did you write this?

Why Accountancy Is Not Boring

By Mr. A. Putty

--------------

First let me say how very pleased I was to be asked on the 4th inst. to write an article on why accountancy is not boring. I feel very very strongly that there are many people who may think that accountancy is boring, but they would be wrong, for it is not at all boring, as I hope to show you in this article, which is, as I intimated earlier, a pleasure to write.

I think I can do little worse than begin this article by describing why accountancy is not boring as far as I am concerned, and then, perhaps, go on to a more general discussion of why accountancy as a whole is not boring. As soon as I awake in the morning it is not boring. I get up at 7.16, and my wife Irene, an ex-schoolteacher, gets up shortly afterwards at 7.22. Breakfast is far from boring and soon I am ready to leave the house. Irene, a keen Rotarian, hands me my briefcase and rolled umbrella at 7.53, and I leave the house seconds later. It is a short walk to Sutton station, but by no means a boring one. There is so much to see, including Mr Edgeworth, who also works at Robinson Partners. Mr Edgeworth is an extremely interesting man, and was in Uxbridge during the war. Then there is a train journey of 2 2 minutes to London Bridge, one of British Rail's main London terminal, where we accountants mingle for a moment with stockbrokers and other accountants from all walks of life. I think that many of the people to whom accountancy appears boring think that all accountants are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some accountants are chartered, but very many others are certified. I am a certified accountant, as indeed is Mr Edgeworth, whom I told you about earlier. However, in the next office to mine is a Mr Manners, who is a chartered accountant, and, incidentally, a keen Rotarian. However, Mr Edgeworth and I get on extremely well with Mr Manners, despite the slight prestige superiority of his position. Mr Edgeworth, in fact, gets on with Mr Manners extremely well, and if there are two spaces at lunch it is more than likely he will sit with Mr Manners. So far, as you can see, accoun- tancy is not boring. During the morning there are a hundred and one things to do. A secretary may pop in with details of an urgent audit. This happened in 1967 and again last year. On the other hand, the phone may ring, or there may be details of a new superannuation scheme to mull over. The time flies by in this not at all boring way, and it is soon ,when there is only 1 hour to go before Mrs Jackson brings round the tea urn. Mrs Jackson is just one of the many people involved in accountancy who give the lie to those who say it is a boring profession. Even a solicitor or a surveyor would find Mrs Jackson a most interesting person. At 10.00am, having drunk an interesting cup of tea, I put my cup on the tray and then...( 18 pages deleted here - Ed .) .. and once the light is turned out by Irene, a very keen Rotarian, I am left to think about how extremely un-boring my day has been, being an accountant. Finally may I say how extremely grateful I am to your book for so generously allowing me so much space. (Sorry, Putey ! - Ed.)

Haven't heard him on 3FM but he was shite on Energy FM so I won't be seeking him out.

Totally agree.

However, what puts me off local radio is the fact that half of it is already pre-recorded. 3FM are the worst offenders. I understand with cost and all that, that evening programmes are often taped, which is to be expected, but day time stuff is not acceptable. A few months back I was stuck in a mini traffic jam (I guess bad for Manx standards) on the quay near Tescos on a Sunday afternoon. I was listening to 3FM and the DJ Ron Berry waffling on, when much to my surprise who came walking along the quay out strolling with his wife, kids and dog? Ron Berry.... Another darn taped programme. Had the same with George Ferguson too on a Saturday afternoon when his was sitting outside my local when I drove up listening on the radio to him at the same time. Come on, I know people have to have lives, but provide a least a live service during the daytime.

Old Buttell on drive time on Energy is probably the best (and he does it live too) of the local turntable jockeys at the moment.

Why Accountancy Is Not Boring

By Mr. A. Putty

--------------

First let me say how very pleased I was to be asked on the 4th inst. to write an article on why accountancy is not boring. I feel very very strongly that there are many people who may think that accountancy is boring, but they would be wrong, for it is not at all boring, as I hope to show you in this article, which is, as I intimated earlier, a pleasure to write.

I think I can do little worse than begin this article by describing why accountancy is not boring as far as I am concerned, and then, perhaps, go on to a more general discussion of why accountancy as..................

Nope but I wish I had! maybe I should have said I just listen to the News on Manx Radio

Archived