Port Erin Woman's View On 16 Year Olds In Pubs...

cassettiespagetie

Margery White of Port Erin wrote into today's paper to say -

' Who's for a party in pub ?

OF course let the 16-year-olds drink in pubs - and let them take their drugs and knives in with them for a big party.

Margery White,

1 Rearyt Y Chrink,

Port Erin,

IM9 6BE. '

Yeah... OK, me, my friends and other 16 year olds on the Isle Of Man carry drugs and knives and we wants to have a big party in the pub.

What a total and utter fu... Well to put it politely... I dislike/disagree with her.

What do you think ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OF course let the 16-year-olds drink in pubs - and let them take their drugs and knives in with them for a big party.

Margery White,

1 Rearyt Y Chrink,

Port Erin,

IM9 6BE. '

Yeah... OK, me, my friends and other 16 year olds on the Isle Of Man carry drugs and knives and we wants to have a big party in the pub.

What a total and utter fu... Well to put it politely... I dislike/disagree with her.

What do you think ?

Wait 2 years till your 18, I dont want some 16 year old in the pub ruining my night with those hoodie tops.

Margery White,

1 Rearyt Y Chrink,

Port Erin,

IM9 6BE. '

What do you think ?

I think what she may be suggesting is that complacency on the issue of underage drinking may yet expand to issues such as drug abuse and possession of dangerous weapons. If we become complacent on one issue.. it won't be long until we turn a blind eye to the other issues too.

Think that is what she is saying anyway...

I very much doubt she is saying that the avergae 16 year old while attending the pub will be carrying a knife while overdosing on drugs.

What do you think ?

I think you should be doing your homework. And pubs are crap places, full of people who are both ruddy and pasty-faced at the same time. Perhaps it's the lighting lol, lol,.......... OH MY GOD 16 year olds have it all ahead of them, lol,lol..........

Margery White,

1 Rearyt Y Chrink,

Port Erin,

IM9 6BE. '

What do you think ?

Wait 2 years till your 18, I dont want some 16 year old in the pub ruining my night with those hoodie tops.

Yeah, tying up their Pitbull type dogs outside and whatnot, Chavism has no age limit.

(edited in fear of the grammar police)

Played pool & had the odd pint of bitter with mates in my 'local' a few nights a week when I was 14+.

Nobody seemed to think there were any problems with it - we behaved ourselves (landlord made sure of it) and I think from a Police point of view we weren't out on the streets causing mayhem - they knew where we were to be found!

I see nothing wrong with 16 year olds in pubs - probably better in your village style pub serving traditional beers than a 'themed pub' filling them up with alcopops though!

i live in peel and the thought of these animals that stalk the streets being allowed to drink in pubs fills me with dread. imagine trying to have a quiet night out, listening to these foul mouthed scum, fueled up on alcopops looking for a fight. i would rather put up with the filthy smokers, than the uneducated offspring of the islands ferral families.

Margery White,

1 Rearyt Y Chrink,

Port Erin,

IM9 6BE. '

What do you think ?

I'm on your side - how dare she (but then she probably reads the Daily Mail and thinks she's living in a war zone).

I know of some private households in Port Erin who've installed those Mosquito scare alarm things that only teenagers can hear. That's taking things to extreme and shouldn't be allowed on the grounds of age discrimination. I believe even the inventor of them has asked the EU to ban them for private use.

I know of some private households in Port Erin who've installed those Mosquito scare alarm things that only teenagers can hear. That's taking things to extreme and shouldn't be allowed on the grounds of age discrimination. I believe even the inventor of them has asked the EU to ban them for private use.

Bloody teenage mosquitos - scum!

Played pool & had the odd pint of bitter with mates in my 'local' a few nights a week when I was 14+.

Nobody seemed to think there were any problems with it - we behaved ourselves (landlord made sure of it) and I think from a Police point of view we weren't out on the streets causing mayhem - they knew where we were to be found!

I see nothing wrong with 16 year olds in pubs - probably better in your village style pub serving traditional beers than a 'themed pub' filling them up with alcopops though!

So true. I don't find anything inherently wrong with teenagers going into pubs, provided they know that they will have to conduct themselves maturely and will be turfed out if they get out of hand. It is part of growing up really.

I spent my formative years (before 18) in the Dogs Home, Falcon Cliff, Groudle and Liverpool Arms, hearing of tales of Uni exploits from returning students who were also not averse to taking you to one side and telling you that you were in danger of making a complete arse of yourself.

Perhaps there was a more nurturing society then.

Archived