Guitar Hero - Legends Of Rock

Cret

Planning on getting this since everyone I know that's played it says it's ace. Is there any reason to get one version over another though?

I was going to get the Wii version as HMV are selling it cheap at the moment apparently but I'm not sure if it would be any better on the PS3 for any reason.

I'm guessing not since it's not really a fancy graphics type game but there might be more to it than that.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Planning on getting this since everyone I know that's played it says it's ace. Is there any reason to get one version over another though?

I was going to get the Wii version as HMV are selling it cheap at the moment apparently but I'm not sure if it would be any better on the PS3 for any reason.

I'm guessing not since it's not really a fancy graphics type game but there might be more to it than that.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Yep, ps3 because it has a hard disk. The wii just doesn't have the download power (yet).

Course, 360 is the best overall :)

I was wondering that. Do you mean for storing extra tunes you download or something?

Takes SD cards doesn't it? Not as good as a HDD but should be adequate I'd have thought.

If the PS3 ones costs a lot more and that's the only difference I'd probably go with the Wii version.

What difference doe the PS3's harddisk make to the Guitar Hero game?

The ps3 and 360 versions have a load of downloadable content, quite a bit of free stuff and loads of stuff you can buy like Muse and the new metallica album. You can't do that on the wii.

I got the Wii version and love it. Gamesmaster actually did the lowest price for it I ever found, but I don't know if it was due to a special price at the time or not.

I've had it since it came out and still pick it up often. It's just a great pickup and play game which really suits my life style. I've also got the Aerosmith version which isn't as good but is still very good. The only reason I say isn't as good is due to the number of songs and the style of some of them, however some of them are extremely good and still worth purchasing Aerosmith for. I actually found I improved in playing GHIII after playing Aerosmith and I think that's down to how the songs in that game are layed out.

The only difference with the Wii version is that you can't yet download any songs, I'm not sure you ever will be able too, even with the new version coming out, but the new version will at least include user created tracks which probably will be download, as the file size will be greatly reduced and is no doubt stored as midi or similar.

The benefit of not downloading songs of course is that you save money not constantly buying songs and you spend more time perfecting the 70+ that come with the game.

I was wondering that. Do you mean for storing extra tunes you download or something?

Takes SD cards doesn't it? Not as good as a HDD but should be adequate I'd have thought.

If the PS3 ones costs a lot more and that's the only difference I'd probably go with the Wii version.

You can't use the sd cards on the wii for downloadable. Silly, and I think they're going to fix it, but thats were we are currently.

I'd really think on, the dlc is a big deal to the longevity, theres been some ace stuff I've added to my 360 version, lots of it for nowt.

Hmm, I'll have to weigh up between the difference in cost then.

I think HMV sell the Wii one for £40 with guitar - dunno about PS3.

Bah.

Presume playability is the same though?

The benefit of not downloading songs of course is that you save money not constantly buying songs and you spend more time perfecting the 70+ that come with the game.

I've heard some shit and illogical arguments in my time, but that one really takes the bikky :)

Hmm, I'll have to weigh up between the difference in cost then.

I think HMV sell the Wii one for £40 with guitar - dunno about PS3.

Bah.

Presume playability is the same though?

Yeah not much in it. There's some faff with the wii version as you have to mount your wiimotes in the guitar. The 360 has the nifty wireless guitars that work a treat.

Isn't the ps3 version wired? That'd get on me tits I recon. You know GH world tour is imminent, might wanna wait?

Archived