New 360 Dashboard

Virtual_Boy

Is this the one with the shitty avatars that will be a novelty for 5 minutes but in the end will just slow everything down?

The avatar stuff is meh, though my kids will love it. There are some nice new features in addition though. I play a fair bit online with mates, and the party system is a great addition. It's a pain in the arse communicating and arranging a group that might play more than one game, and the party system looks like a great fix for that.

• 1 month later...

Only realised the other day, I got accepted into the preview program thing they had for the new Xbox dashboard. I've spent 10 mins in total flicking around it; it looks nice, it's now really quick, the guide button brings up a simplified version of the old interface, and that's about it. The avatar thing looks like it's not going to be used much, so if you don't set one up you won't be missing anything decent. Finally, I don't know if this cos it's still being worked on or anything, but very occasionally it'll take ages to download an item you're trying to browse on Live; it took me 10 mins to get access to the "download demo" link in the Mirror's Edge page, and God knows why.

So there you go.

Archived