[BBC News] Small drop in passenger numbers

Newsbot

'"It is, without doubt, going to be a tough winter for many industries and especially difficult for airlines but I am reassured by the September passenger figures that overall, our route network remains strong."

Bolleaux - head, sand, buried in no particular order - and there's nothing he or the Directress can do, alas.

An airline's closure is attributed to the drop in passenger numbers through the Isle of Man's airport.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7661282.stm

I thought that up until now the Airport Director was saying how well they she had gone, with increasing numbers despite the airline closure. Be assured that the situation has nothing to do with reliability or the costs of flying. The decline in passengers will be fixed by the benefits that accrue from the runway extensions.

I look forward to the next set of figures:

The fall of about 1,500 passengers for September is a better result than the reduction of almost 2,000 predicted by the airport.

"The fall in October numbers of 5,000 is a better result than the reduction of almost 64,000 predicted by the airport"

How very creative! EuroManx goes nipples up in early May but the figures don't drop until September? Clearly a delayed reaction - on the PR/Spin front! From the Manx Radio statement it appears that it's not just the London City numbers which have dropped, but those to/from Liverpool and Manchester. I'd suspect the rising FlyMayBe fares, meself! Roll on a bit of competition, I say!

Kinda off topic, needed to fly to Island for couple of days and looked at options, London City would have cost me £549 return !!!

Booked for next Easter as well Happy Days 4 of us flying including 2 children, from Luton, about £6 each way per person, I was delighted, until you added airport tax, charge for suitcases, charge for not carrying pitchfork etc, grand total £389

Archived