Friday 10th October - Liverpool Sailing Cancelled

When Skies Are Grey

I'm booked on the morning sailing on the 17th and come back on the 19th...

"I'm booked" and "I'm sailing" are 2 completely diferent things when talking about the Packet.

This is absolutely guaranteed not to happen when the Indog is in service. Just hope the IOMSPC team are on the phones right now calling everyone to let them know, here and the UK - and letting staff at Heysham know that a coachload of passengers will be arriving from Liverpool and another lot wil need a bus back there.

From A word with Woodward: The short Indian summer we were enjoying came to an abrupt halt last week, with weather conditions causing some disruption to our fast craft services for a couple of days. As usual, we endeavoured to contact everyone affected by the changes to our timetable and I hope any inconvenience to our customers was kept to a minimum.

Can anyone report why Ben took not far off 5 hours to get to Heysham this morning? She did not get there until 13.30 according to the website, and she would have been full, with many transferred passengers from the Liverpool sailing.

Seems like the weather might have really been just a touch too rough for the poor little pussy cats. Mind you, I wouldn't send a dog out in weather like this :)

Can anyone report why Ben took not far off 5 hours to get to Heysham this morning? She did not get there until 13.30 according to the website, and she would have been full, with many transferred passengers from the Liverpool sailing.

Seems like the weather might have really been just a touch too rough for the poor little pussy cats. Mind you, I wouldn't send a dog out in weather like this :)

I saw the Ben leave harbour this morning from the warm, dry comfort of my office..... It certainly looked like she was rolling around quite a bit.

the snail-trail shows her turning into the channel at 12.35 so maybe another half hour into the harbour under normal conditions but there was no signal coverage further in to confirm it.

It wasn't low tide until 14.13 but with stormy conditions they may have had to take it easy in case they hit bottom with the waves bouncing them about !

It may also explain why it didn't leave until 3pm (so I heard on the radio) to get a bit more water under them

the snail-trail shows her turning into the channel at 12.35 so maybe another half hour into the harbour under normal conditions but there was no signal coverage further in to confirm it.

It wasn't low tide until 14.13 but with stormy conditions they may have had to take it easy in case they hit bottom with the waves bouncing them about !

It may also explain why it didn't leave until 3pm (so I heard on the radio) to get a bit more water under them

Full, in a gale and rolling about...just the place not to be. Is it me, or does the Ben roll a lot despite the extra concrete ballast that was put in her? Maybe its the beer and I'm doing the rolling?

Archived