Friday 10th October - Liverpool Sailing Cancelled

When Skies Are Grey

Im on the 19:00 L'pool to IOM. Anyone know if this is still going or where i can find out?

This morning's shipping forecast :

Northwest Fastnet Irish Sea:

Variable 3 or 4, becoming southerly later. Slight or moderate, occasionally rough in northwest Fastnet. Occasional rain with fog patches. Moderate or good, occasionally very poor.

BBC Shipping Forecast

'

So in those conditions it should be sailing without any problems - hopefully 'slight or moderate' seas would not stop the Viking.

And IOMSPC will contact you if there is any change in the sailing.....I hope....

This morning's shipping forecast :

Northwest Fastnet Irish Sea:

Variable 3 or 4, becoming southerly later. Slight or moderate, occasionally rough in northwest Fastnet. Occasional rain with fog patches. Moderate or good, occasionally very poor.

BBC Shipping Forecast

'

Why bother with the BBC shipping forecast when there are more area-specific and less generalised forecasts available from local sources - the Manx Radio and gov.im websites, for example?

Why bother with the BBC shipping forecast when there are more area-specific and less generalised forecasts available from local sources - the Manx Radio and gov.im websites, for example?

Whichever one you can access is worth listening to if you are concerned about sailings. You are right - once you can work out where the sea forecast is on the gov.im site it is helpful - it doesn't jump out when you do a websearch though. I hope the Viking sailed OK.

Archived