[BBC News] Praise for crime combat callers

Newsbot

Callers to the Isle of Man's Crimestoppers service have been praised for their contribution to combating anti-social behaviour on the island.

Hooray! Down with the anti-social brigade!

Annual statistics have placed the service eighth among 39 regional Crimestoppers boards.

Congratulations for being 8th worst!

The service received 196 actionable calls which provided useful information to help police in their enquiries.

Local board members said the figures underlined the important contribution made by islanders.

196 actionable calls compared to my 103 successfull nose-picks on my behalf. (is that what the figures are compared to? Probably) Well done to all concerned!

Phil O'Shea, chairman of Isle of Man Crimestoppers, said the service had "proved its worth" on the island.

"We focus on crimes specifically affecting the island such as criminal damage, theft and drug offences and would rather have 20 calls about the same incident than none at all."

Well done for focussing on crimes specifically affecting the island! We're sick of the local authorities concentrating on crimes affecting Suffolk and Portugal. So thanks for that! You have certainly proved your worth in that respect!

In July 2007 a total of 24 actionable calls were received compared with five in July 2006.

Hooray for July! The most relevant month! Wait, does this mean the crime rate on the island has increased by almost 500% in 2 years. Shit.

I've already grassed mine up for such activities as hoovering and mowing the lawn at ridiculous times such as 4am.

That's probably the best time to catch it when it's not raining.

Shouldn't you mow the lawn first before hoovering it? :D

I've already grassed mine up for such activities as hoovering and mowing the lawn at ridiculous times such as 4am.

That's probably the best time to catch it when it's not raining.

Shouldn't you mow the lawn first before hoovering it? :D

:lol: - He can borrow our Dyson.

Archived