[BBC News] Post office records profits jump

Newsbot

Perhaps they can now employ some more postmen and get the mail delivered more quickly.

I had a DVD sent to me by HMV on Guernsey on 2 October which has not arrived yet.

How can it take 10+ days to get an item from Guernsey to here?

Sir Ian Botham could probably walk the distance in 10 days.

Call me sad if you wish but I have kept a record of the delivery times for my CDs and DVDs and in the last few months I have had sixteen items which have taken between 10 and 14 days to arrive from Guernsey. Hardly a great performance.

The best time is 5 days which is still very poor imho.

Stop moaning.

Er, sorry, I thought that was what MF was set up for.

Besides, you're a fine one to talk about moaning. Have you looked at any of your posts recently?

Let's have a look at your posts - bad food in Havana, bad English in the Transgendered Cat thread (which is rather hypocritical when you posted "A tool to stop you p[osting stupidn stuff on a Friday is inventged, good idea and do I qualify?" in the Anti Crap Tool thread), whether the dog Champ is dead yet et cetera.

A pot and kettle situation methinks.

I would go on but I wouldn't wish to be accused of moaning again.

Anything with free delivery seems to be put at the back of the queue.

Why? The post office gets paid the same.

Well, it may not be the PO. When people offer free delivery they will often have a deal with a forwarder who will wait until he has enough parcels to make the delivery worth his while.

And even the PO has different rates for different levels of service.

S

Perhaps they can now employ some more postmen and get the mail delivered more quickly.

I had a DVD sent to me by HMV on Guernsey on 2 October which has not arrived yet.

How can it take 10+ days to get an item from Guernsey to here?

Sir Ian Botham could probably walk the distance in 10 days.

Call me sad if you wish but I have kept a record of the delivery times for my CDs and DVDs and in the last few months I have had sixteen items which have taken between 10 and 14 days to arrive from Guernsey. Hardly a great performance.

The best time is 5 days which is still very poor imho.

It may not be the postal service, it could be down to the company that you have ordered from.

Archived