Flybe

theman

well hi all. now then now then. i was on FLYBE two week ago. i went to the uk & back. at the cost of £190.00.i had to pay and £70 extra cuz i changed my date 2 weeks b4. nice of them. oh so theman eg me . was running around on the day of my flight. workin tell lunch. panic buyin prezz's 4 my son in uk. well i 4got 2 get cash out from atm got on the plane with n0 moneys . i asked 4 a drink they asked 4 £2 or no water. lol so i'm traped on this shed of a plane.& prayin 2 god it dont crash with no drink & a dry mouth. and no way of getting 1. is this an infringement of my human rights???? well i would like 2 say a big thank's flybe 4 a great service. not

:angry:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where were you flying to, Australia?

Flybe is a cheap airline, everything is an add on. Can't say I am happy with it, but it is all we have and you would have picked up that when booking (check in, bags, seat reservation, etc all as an extra).

Why were Flybe responsible for you having to run round panic buying presents for your son? Didn't you know why you were travelling?

Flybe is a cheap airline, everything is an add on. Can't say I am happy with it, but it is all we have and you would have picked up that when booking (check in, bags, seat reservation, etc all as an extra).

.& as 4 Didn't you know why you were travelling?

er did i not put the uk & back??? Australia wtf?i had move my date,s about at the cost 70 i dont get 2 see the poor lad much. WHY the cost of flyin 2 & from iom. boat's are a joke 2 £150 for a car and it take 4ever(Why were Flybe responsible for you having to run round panic buying presents for your son?) i was just telling it like it was.my great day out . thanks theman

Why were Flybe responsible for you having to run round panic buying presents for your son? Didn't you know why you were travelling?

you just dont get it! are you a chick?? :D

er did i not put the uk & back??? Australia wtf?i had move my date,s about at the cost 70 i dont get 2 see the poor lad much. WHY the cost of flyin 2 & from iom. boat's are a joke 2 £150 for a car and it take 4ever(Why were Flybe responsible for you having to run round panic buying presents for your son?) i was just telling it like it was.my great day out . thanks theman

Perhaps it actually cost just £90, but you mistakenly added an errant 1 whilst translating the phrase "that'll be £90 please sir" from English into mental.

Perhaps it actually cost just £90, but you mistakenly added an errant 1 whilst translating the phrase "that'll be £90 please sir" from English into mental.

lol

I actually do feel for him. £2 for water is a joke.

I know everything is an add on etc etc but you should be able to get a glass (or small plastic cup) of water at no charge.

I wonder if it's legal? I believe that licensed premises must provide water foc. I wonder how it works in the sky.

anyone?

Perhaps they don't carry potable water except in bottles for sale, evenm so how long are you onthe plane, no flight is longer than about an hour. I am not sympathetic as you know the score when you travel with these airlines.

The panic buying of presents which seems to worsen Flybe's performance in all this (?) just sums it up; ill-prepared and unable to take responsibility for himself.

well hi all. now then now then. i was on FLYBE two week ago. i went to the uk & back. at the cost of £190.00.i had to pay and £70 extra cuz i changed my date 2 weeks b4. nice of them. oh so theman eg me . was running around on the day of my flight. workin tell lunch. panic buyin prezz's 4 my son in uk. well i 4got 2 get cash out from atm got on the plane with n0 moneys . i asked 4 a drink they asked 4 £2 or no water. lol so i'm traped on this shed of a plane.& prayin 2 god it dont crash with no drink & a dry mouth. and no way of getting 1. is this an infringement of my human rights???? well i would like 2 say a big thank's flybe 4 a great service. not

My brain hurts after reading that.

I actually do feel for him. £2 for water is a joke.

I know everything is an add on etc etc but you should be able to get a glass (or small plastic cup) of water at no charge.

I wonder if it's legal? I believe that licensed premises must provide water foc. I wonder how it works in the sky.

anyone?

Just guessing, but I'd think that it's much the same as ferries - once out of Manx airspace, then no longer under licensing regs.

In one sense I can understand this from the airline's view. Carrying water is heavy. 50 kgs extra weight requires extra fuel (maybe as much as 30kgs aviation fuel), and perhaps one less fare paying passenger. In one respect it is a sensible way of reducing fuel costs, carbon emissions, and cost to passenger. Ideally passengers might bring their own water for their needs, and aircraft only has what is needed for medical emergencies.

I'd hardly think it worth the bother of getting into legal issues - duty of care, reasonable expectation of being provided with water on a flight, fair trading and unnotified change of what is included in ticket etc. However I do think if an airline does adopt this policy (and more seem to be doing so for shorthauls), then it should be made clear to passenger beforehand - when buying ticket, at check-in, and that bottled water should be allowed to be taken on board by PAX even if has to be sealed.

theman - you could perhaps write to flybe and complain - but if you do so, I'd suggest writing in standard English, otherwise just write it off as un4tune8.

Seriously now, what?

Maybe they have a surcharge for the mentally disabled, for the extra care needed during the flight?

Archived