Flybe

theman

I actually do feel for him. £2 for water is a joke.

I know everything is an add on etc etc but you should be able to get a glass (or small plastic cup) of water at no charge.

I wonder if it's legal? I believe that licensed premises must provide water foc. I wonder how it works in the sky.

anyone?

Just guessing, but I'd think that it's much the same as ferries - once out of Manx airspace, then no longer under licensing regs.

In one sense I can understand this from the airline's view. Carrying water is heavy. 50 kgs extra weight requires extra fuel (maybe as much as 30kgs aviation fuel), and perhaps one less fare paying passenger. In one respect it is a sensible way of reducing fuel costs, carbon emissions, and cost to passenger. Ideally passengers might bring their own water for their needs, and aircraft only has what is needed for medical emergencies.

I'd hardly think it worth the bother of getting into legal issues - duty of care, reasonable expectation of being provided with water on a flight, fair trading and unnotified change of what is included in ticket etc. However I do think if an airline does adopt this policy (and more seem to be doing so for shorthauls), then it should be made clear to passenger beforehand - when buying ticket, at check-in, and that bottled water should be allowed to be taken on board by PAX even if has to be sealed.

theman - you could perhaps write to flybe and complain - but if you do so, I'd suggest writing in standard English, otherwise just write it off as un4tune8.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the title of this thred is confusing, I thought it was going to be about exessive fuel costs or landing fees for flybe.

You dont have to be Ray Mears to find a free supply of water on a plane.

Does the lack of free water somehow mean the plane is quite likely to crash? Or did I miss something?

Maybe the pilots get thirsty and confused/delirious with no free water available...

I don't find the cost of flights to the Island unreasonable, especially giving the substantially higher fuel costs of late - it's costing me little over 100 quid to fly back from Manchester over Christmas. I remember over 15 years ago paying more than 300 quid for flights to London. It's not reasonable to expect such ultra-shorthaul flights on relatively low volume routes to be priced comparably to the 'pack 'em high, sell 'em cheap' European routes.

As for the refreshments trolley - why anybody can't contain their appetite for an hour or so is a mystery to me! Of course they're going to fleece you: they've got the most captive of captive markets. To be honest I'd be glad if all airlines did away with the trolleys and the associated dollies and just let you get a few minutes of peace.

To be honest I'd be glad if all airlines did away with the trolleys and the associated dollies and just let you get a few minutes of peace.

If they didn't make money from the trollies, the fares would be even higher. As to the dollies, their primary purpose is to ensure safety not serve tea.

Thought I would book some flights to see the footy at the end of the month...out on the Friday, back on the Sunday....

£461.42 for two people....before we even added bags and seats together....fuck me!!!

So two tickets in the Park End at Goodison for the Man U game now going spare... :angry:

You'd have to pay me £461 to go and watch either of those two teams :P

Archived