Flybe

theman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought I would book some flights to see the footy at the end of the month...out on the Friday, back on the Sunday....

£461.42 for two people....before we even added bags and seats together....fuck me!!!

So two tickets in the Park End at Goodison for the Man U game now going spare... :angry:

Just put it in (24th October 16.45 and 25th October 19.30) and that comes to £385.96 before seats etc but including taxes. If you can go on an earlier flight (the 10.45 out is cheapest), the price for two tickets comes to £271.96. The killer in each case are the taxes (£85.96 out, £35.00 back - which airport is ripping us off here?)

Edit - Oops, just re-read and you said coming back on Sunday. Even so, cheapest mix and match is £271.96 still (10.45 out, 12.40 back). It'd be an extra £20 back for the 19.55 flight from LPL. Looks like prices have dropped slightly now.

Thought I would book some flights to see the footy at the end of the month...out on the Friday, back on the Sunday....

£461.42 for two people....before we even added bags and seats together....fuck me!!!

So two tickets in the Park End at Goodison for the Man U game now going spare... :angry:

Just put it in (24th October 16.45 and 25th October 19.30) and that comes to £385.96 before seats etc but including taxes. If you can go on an earlier flight (the 10.45 out is cheapest), the price for two tickets comes to £271.96. The killer in each case are the taxes (£85.96 out, £35.00 back - which airport is ripping us off here?)

Edit - Oops, just re-read and you said coming back on Sunday. Even so, cheapest mix and match is £271.96 still (10.45 out, 12.40 back). It'd be an extra £20 back for the 19.55 flight from LPL. Looks like prices have dropped slightly now.

Is that not half term? Still steep though.

We booked 2 return tickets last week to Gatwick, outward April, back 2 weeks later in May.

Going out - £5.odd each

Coming back - £27.odd each

so that is roughly £64 odd for flights, grand total = £232!

Stick on taxes,

charge for bags,

and £14 credit card charge!! How else do we pay? send a cheque? =)

O the joys!

FlyBE's biggest crime, their 2nd biggest is being late all the time, is their charging structure.

They wildly change the taxes & charges depending on what fare you book,

cheap fare = lots of taxes & charges

mid range fare = reasonable taxes & charges

high end 'full' fare = loads of taxes & charges

IOM dont charge differently for time of day or load factor on the flight (how full the plane is) so there is no real excuse for this, flybe however will justify it based on the charges portion of the taxes and charges which is open for their interpretation. the DFT or Trading Standards will eventually clamp down on this charging but its probably a difficult area to legislate on.

Don't knock them too hard they the ONLY uk carrier that will serve IOM for the forseeable and they have brand new aircraft which in are theory very safe [even the nose wheels]. good job as manx2 are doing lets not let them become our national carrier, they simply cannot afford it!

i've booked my ski trip for next year and its the cheapest fare i have had with them in 6 months!

Isle of Man Airport has the highest charges in Europe - fact. The government is coining it in at the expense of the travelling public.

really ? :o

so sleepy little ronaldsway with its 30 rotations a day has a higher charging structure than Heathrow, London City, Schipol, Charles De Galle, Dublin, Zurich etc.

i think the only thing more expensive at IOM versus the rest of europe is going to be the aviation fuel for obvious reasons.

:rolleyes:

Isle of Man Airport has the highest charges in Europe - fact.

Have you any evidence to back up your "fact"? Given that I know someone with a private pilot licence and how much it costs them to land I find it very hard to believe that Ronaldsway is more expensive than Gatwick, Charles de Gaulle, Schiphol, etc.

* beaten to it by Willow

Isle of Man Airport has the highest charges in Europe - fact.

Have you any evidence to back up your "fact"? Given that I know someone with a private pilot licence and how much it costs them to land I find it very hard to believe that Ronaldsway is more expensive than Gatwick, Charles de Gaulle, Schiphol, etc.

* beaten to it by Willow

great minds ;)

FlyBE's biggest crime, their 2nd biggest is being late all the time, is their charging structure.

I have yet to travel on a Flybe flight that has been late. You must be really unlucky.

i have not been on an early or ontime departure and have flown probably 16 flights with them in last 6 months, however friday evening outbound from london in poor weather they can be forgiven for but its the one flight you want to be on time :(

I have yet to travel on a Flybe flight that has been late. You must be really unlucky.

i have not been on an early or ontime departure and have flown probably 16 flights with them in last 6 months, however friday evening outbound from london in poor weather they can be forgiven for but its the one flight you want to be on time :(

but with your 16 flights you will now have a free return flight with them! 16 Reward Points = 1 return UK Economy flight

Booked a return flight with Flybe in January, Isle of Man to Geneva. £141.88 return, including taxes and baggage charge. Last year the same flight cost just a shade under £300.00. That flight left 10 minutes late but arrived about 20 minutes early.

Well I returned from my pre-booked £220 day return to Liverpool! The plane was full both ways, the guy sitting next to me had paid £135 single!!

Much as I'm not a good winter sailor, I'll have to take my chances on the Steam Packet from now on. The lesser of two evils!

Archived