Xbox 360

When Skies Are Grey

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even the manx indy driver knew what he was picking up. He goes.. xbox360 is it . I went aye. He said . yeah we are picking up tons of these. :-\

I delivered mine down to Manx Indy last week and the guy that signed the docket said the record to date is 7in one day but the day i dropped mine in there was 3 others already there :huh: what is crack with the warranty after it's been repaired? as in what period is it covered for after the repair 6 or 12 months?????????

Thats a failure rate of 54% of the 5000 people who responded to the survey. In my experiance PS3s have a failure rate of 100% and xbox is around 10%

It depends on who you ask.

Still even 1% failure rate is too much.

It doesnt depend on who you ask. It depends on how big your survey if you want a valuable result.

in your case 1 person doesnt make a viable survey. ;)

I know at the xbox360 magazine offices they had a 79% failure rate. a few years back.

Ive had 3 360s all failed now. My ps3 is still fine. (as was every other console/computer ive ever owned right back to vic20!)

I still cant believe MS have got away with such terrible build quality as this .

Every other electronical item Ive known to have a manufacturing fault has had a recall. Even cheaper things ffs.

Thats a failure rate of 54% of the 5000 people who responded to the survey. In my experiance PS3s have a failure rate of 100% and xbox is around 10%

It depends on who you ask.

Still even 1% failure rate is too much.

It doesnt depend on who you ask. It depends on how big your survey if you want a valuable result.

in your case 1 person doesnt make a viable survey. ;)

I know at the xbox360 magazine offices they had a 79% failure rate. a few years back.

Ive had 3 360s all failed now. My ps3 is still fine. (as was every other console/computer ive ever owned right back to vic20!)

I still cant believe MS have got away with such terrible build quality as this .

Every other electronical item Ive known to have a manufacturing fault has had a recall. Even cheaper things ffs.

I agree my small scale statistics aren’t really a valid comparison, Im working on 20 xbox owners and 10 PS3 owners, 2 xboxs have failed, although its actually 2 for the same person, but all 10 PS3 owners have had theirs fail. Im lucky my Xbox is still going strong after a few years of heavy use.

I would argue that a 5000 person survey isn’t valid considering the sales of the xbox. The magazine could have a high readership in an area that happened to get a faulty batch for example.

Im not condoning Microsoft in this as there are no excuses for the continued failure.

NOOOOO!!!!!!! My claiming my Xbox was still good it died!

It seems you need to ignore the possibility it may happen and it won't

I was gloating to some friends the other week how my Xbox had not skipped a beat in 3 years but was out of warranty the end of this month only to go home to play 1943 and it released some of the 'Mysterious blue smoke' then RRoDed Booooooo, filled the form in online, coffin turned up 2 days later packed it up dropped it of to manx indy, 8 days later a shiney new replacement console(27/5/09 build date) complete with new brick arrives :D again with 3 year warranty ;)

NOOOOO!!!!!!! My claiming my Xbox was still good it died!

It seems you need to ignore the possibility it may happen and it won't

I was gloating to some friends the other week how my Xbox had not skipped a beat in 3 years but was out of warranty the end of this month only to go home to play 1943 and it released some of the 'Mysterious blue smoke' then RRoDed Booooooo, filled the form in online, coffin turned up 2 days later packed it up dropped it of to manx indy, 8 days later a shiney new replacement console(27/5/09 build date) complete with new brick arrives :D again with 3 year warranty ;)

I wish it was so simple, I got an E73 error not covered by any extended warranty, there is no info on the support site about the E73 so I logged it as that, will cost around £100 to fix.

I will ring them tonight and tell them I tried the console again and got the RRoD, or that I got it wrong and it was an E74 all along.

Edit, just logged a RRoD on the online site after getting my address to work, just need to force a RRoD now.

Archived