Wow 3.0.2

Dr Gonzo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else had to relearn how to be a Huntard since the latest patch?!

Any advice on respeccing? Currently I've got a 51/0/1 BM hunter, but I can see various weird builds around and about.

Nope I am a Shaman :) patch has ruined game or to be accurate endgame, Was on KJ before patch and doing quite well, First night of patch killed up to twins due to lag. Kale down after first portals, brut down with 3 mins on timer, felmyst dead after first air phase.

Second night KJ dead. Twins zzzzzz, m'uru and entropis dead after 2mins 30 secs, KJ took a while tho as had to get used to shields etc.. but was far too easy still.

My highest level char is still only 46 so the various endgame changes haven't made any odds to me yet - apparently the changes are quite significant for endgame raiding and PvP though.

The glyphs seem to be a pile of silly old wank but I'm not moaning since the ridiculous prices that herbs have been selling for has made me about 1200G in the last 48 hours, which should comfortably see my chars up to L70 in nice gear.

General consensus seems to be that it's something of a nerf patch, bringing the game closer to being 'easy mode' than it ever has been - although some purists argue that rest XP was a horrible idea back in the day but I very much I doubt I'd bother playing if it weren't possible to build up some nice rest XP on days off from the game.

My main character is a hunter but post-patch I've simply specced him full beast mastery as I was before, albeit with some new skills and different point allocation here and there. The pet training thing has gone completely as well, now the pet just gets its own talent tree, so combine my BM spec with a bear tank that has all its talent points spent on stamina/health/resilience - and my hunter has become even more of a ridiculous one man army than he was before.

It's all good to me, it sounds like WoW was just too damned grindy in the early days, so I'm glad I've only got into it over the last few months when it's been ironed down a bit and made more accessible and easier to level.

• 2 weeks later...

Having played for a while under the new patch now, I'd say they're doing that same as before the Burning Crusade came out... making it easier to speed your way to 60/70 to get you into the new content quicker.

I like the hunter talent and pet training changes, although my pally has suddenly become invincible (and there are nerfs on the way for it).

Strange the way all the tradeskills change overnight because of the demands of different crafts.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today expecting to be able to play after maint, didnt realise it was a midnight server restart :(

Our guild has had the past couple of months off after finishing the SW so we are all chomping at the bit to get going with some new stuff, quest log is full and ready to be handed in and all my bags are empty ready for the grinding sessions!

Humpfh, at least 15 minute queues for the servers I have chars on. I'm quite looking forward to a change, we dont play enough to be in an EG raiding guild anymore so usually we go off doing 5 mans and other silly little things. I'm looking forward to things like Naxx & the other old fashioned things like that :)

Humpfh, at least 15 minute queues for the servers I have chars on. I'm quite looking forward to a change, we dont play enough to be in an EG raiding guild anymore so usually we go off doing 5 mans and other silly little things. I'm looking forward to things like Naxx & the other old fashioned things like that :)

15 minute queues? try 1 hour 30 minutes position 1200 :/

But yeah, enjoying it so far. Have barely played it though at the moment, 20% from 71 but the new seige weapons are making it more enjoyable (for questing anyway).

One of the lads just spent 19k on this: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44235

Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth

Binds when picked up

Races: Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, Draenei

Requires Level 60

Requires Riding (150)

Use: Teaches you how to summon this mount. This is a very fast three-person mount that carries vendors.

He has far too much money!

Archived