Wow 3.0.2

Dr Gonzo

...my rogue is up to lvl 21 ( stuck trying to get the feckin poisoning ability )

Heh I remember that one. Don't kill him, stealth, sneak up and pick pocket the key. You'll probably need someone to help you kill the lvl 24 elite (that's if he is still elite) at the top of the tower. Take his journal and then use the key to open the chest.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...my rogue is up to lvl 21 ( stuck trying to get the feckin poisoning ability )

Heh I remember that one. Don't kill him, stealth, sneak up and pick pocket the key. You'll probably need someone to help you kill the lvl 24 elite (that's if he is still elite) at the top of the tower. Take his journal and then use the key to open the chest.

that's a great idea in principle however there is a problem....

when i first approached the quest i got killed a few times by the guy holding the key. "feck this" i thought, i'm a rogue i'll sneak in and see if I can lockpick the trunk ( thereby removing the need to get the key ). GREAT IDEA!

So i sneak in, get to the top and manage to kill the elite ( still not 100% sure on how I did it ) and pick the lock! GREAT! I escape the tower and run off back to stormwind with the journal ( but not the key ). I get there only to find i need the key to complete the quest!?!?!

Not only that, but i've been poisoned so I can't actually enter stealth! This is gonna last 7 days unless I kill the guy with the key ( who for some reason can kill me in 3-4 hits ).

Any ideas on what class can remove a poison, my first aid isn't high enough to learn the remove poison skill yet!

And if you can't get one of them to clear the poison, you could always die and then respawn without the poison. You should be able to sneak up behind the guy and pick pocket the key, just remember the pick pocket training and don't get too close to him to be detected.

Unless it's changed recently, death doesn't remove the debuff.

If I remember right, you can use an Anti Venom patch made through your own first aid if you can't find a poison cleansing class to do it.

Probably your best bet is to get rid of the debuff, abandon the quest and do it again, this time grabbing the key. I seem to recall when you complete it you get a followup quest to go and collect a bunch of mats for some doctor to cure it for you. Not sure if there's any XP for that quest but it's probably easier just to complete the poison quest, get cleansed by a random in Stormwind and go about your business without all that twatting around.

I've recently started playing WoW again, haven't played since it first came out. I'm also on Terokka and also a Rogue, although by the sounds of it you're Alliance Scum, my characters name is "Gyde".

Did that poison quest recently, what a nightmare being poisoned for 7 days! Although it helps if you read the quest info. I just Sap'd the Elite and picked the lock, then ran off. Didn't realise you have to finish the quest to get the cure. I spent an hour trying to farm a Poison Sac so I could cure myself, gave up and headed to the AH in Orgrimmar, spent a fortune (to me anyway!) buying an Antidote, then a passing Shaman cured me while I was on my way to the Mail Box to pick it up! Happy days....

I'm up to 29 now and really enjoying it so far. My character is really starting to come into it's own.

For the HORDE!

Any ideas on what class can remove a poison, my first aid isn't high enough to learn the remove poison skill yet!

If you want to add 'Stav' to your friends list, I've rolled a Death knight on your server and he's currently 58 and parked in Goldshire. He's only got about 26G which you're welcome to if it helps. I doubt that I would be doing much with yet another DK but I'm happy to use him to help you anytime you need it.

I think im reaching the end of my WoW career. The 80 priest now has his full Naxx epics , PvP isnt very interesting , and im just about done on the last of the questlines. Has anyone got any ideas on how to keep the game interesting once you reach this stage , other than going back to other lvl 70's and levelling them to 80 so you can experience the raids from a different perspective?

The social aspect is all thats keeping me hanging on here. (EarthenRing)

If you want to add 'Stav' to your friends list, I've rolled a Death knight on your server and he's currently 58 and parked in Goldshire. He's only got about 26G which you're welcome to if it helps. I doubt that I would be doing much with yet another DK but I'm happy to use him to help you anytime you need it.

thanks stav, i'll get you added. I started using the AH over the weekend, was funny watching people beg for gold.

• 1 month later...
I think im reaching the end of my WoW career. The 80 priest now has his full Naxx epics , PvP isnt very interesting , and im just about done on the last of the questlines. Has anyone got any ideas on how to keep the game interesting once you reach this stage , other than going back to other lvl 70's and levelling them to 80 so you can experience the raids from a different perspective?

The social aspect is all thats keeping me hanging on here. (EarthenRing)

I'm in the same boat here, havnt logged in for about a month. 3.1 is currently on the test realm, which is bringing all kinds of cool new features.

The Main Ones

- New end-game raid - Ulduar

- New world event - The Argent Tornament

- Dual Specs

Some of the smaller tweaks

- New achievements

- Mounts not usuable in water

- New mounts and pets added

- New Arena season begins

So perhaps play a few other games to tide you over to patch 3.1

I like the idea of the Train Wrecker, a small Mechagnome that walks over to the nearest train set and blows it up.

The Aquatic Riding Ray means that we're quite probably heading for 'Into the Maelstrom' as the next water based expansion.

I just hope 3.1 delivers what they promise. Right now, like many of you, my toon is sat in full epics, total best in slot, doing nothing more than earning gold and doing dailies.

Whilst I can see that Blizzard wanted to start LK with an "even playing field" so that people didn't get left behind, I think they went too far. No challenge, little content.

The Bejeweled mod. That kept me playing for a week after I'd got bored with the main game. Tragic that I happily wasted my remaining subscription playing a game I could play in a browser for free. Awesome that I spent the time trying to get an unbeatable score so the guild I was in would see my name long after I'd gone. Didn't work, but it kept the game interesting for another week.

I just hope 3.1 delivers what they promise. Right now, like many of you, my toon is sat in full epics, total best in slot, doing nothing more than earning gold and doing dailies.

Whilst I can see that Blizzard wanted to start LK with an "even playing field" so that people didn't get left behind, I think they went too far. No challenge, little content.

Take a break for a few months would be my suggestion. I played EQ for years on and off before WoW got it's hooks into me. Typically I'd play for a few months, then take a break for a few months. Don't force it.

Archived