Wow 3.0.2

Dr Gonzo

Well i've been playing now for a couple of months and i'm still really enjoying it. My rogue is now up to lvl 44 ( combat spec'd ), got my mount ( thanks for the help on that Stav ) and i'm starting to make some good money. I think it's been helpful that i've managed to get invited into a really nice friendly guild from about lvl 10.

Got BC at home but not yet installed it, still loads to see.

One thing though I'm still amazed out how drop dead gorgeous this game can look, and how the blasted lands can freak me out soo much :huh:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing though I'm still amazed out how drop dead gorgeous this game can look, and how the blasted lands can freak me out soo much :huh:

Wow really highlights the value of art and design over power. It's pretty low rent in terms of tech, but they use colour and art style so effectively it can look amazing.

First time flying a griff from Darnassus to Ironforge was one of the best 'cooor' graphics moments ever.

First time flying a griff from Darnassus to Ironforge was one of the best 'cooor' graphics moments ever.

I always had to get the griff from Rut'theran Village to Auberdine in Darkshore and then wait for the boat to Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands and then get the griff to Ironforge. I wish you'd told me then where the Griffin Master was in Darnassus to fly straight to Ironforge....

(yes, I am a facetious bastard!) ;)

got my mount ( thanks for the help on that Stav )

Awww, you're welcome mate. Getting your first mount is really an exciting part of the game even if they did lower the level and price from level 40 to 30 and from gazillions of gold to something like 100 gold. (Bastards!) :lol:

Fuck, reading this thread is making me think about WoW again. DAMN YOUSE!

If only I could organise a real life drinking game around getting the pub-related achievements in the game.... :D

I told Blizzard that you might be coming back and they're setting up a new server called "Homeless Tourette's"

post-105-1237455795_thumb.jpg

They said that they're really looking forward to f*****g seeing you again, you c**t! ;)

Nice article here on Eurogamer about Gold Selling...being new to MMORPG's I was a bit surprised to see some of the figures...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gold-tra...duction-article

"[gold-trading] is now worth an estimated USD 2 billion annually. And that figure is growing. " :o

Just wondering if anyone here has used a service like this and what people's thoughts are.

I must admit I've been tempted but the worry of being perma-banned has kept me on the straight and narrow.

We had alot of people leave a couple of years ago and they left their accounts with us. When TBC came out i wanted to re roll so i took charge of one account but his gear was poo, i didnt have time to gear him up fully and my funds were running low on my main because of the new raiding content. I went on to a gold selling site and used paypal to buy 1000g (i think it was around £5 at the time.) I was not arsed if the account got banned and was interested to see what happened.

I got an email through and was told to go to the postbox in goldshire and wait for an ingame trade, after a few mins a lvl 1 gnome popped up with a name like oroiweddoiej and traded me 1000g. I was so nervous about it being a sting i logged off straight away and didnt log back on for a while.

Turns out everything was fine and the account didnt get banned, i spent the gold and stopped using the account for a while. The whole thing felt a bit dirty for me and although i have been tempted to do it again, its just so easy to raise gold nowadays i dont think its worth the risk.

I did it back in the day on my first character to get the epic mount. 1000g in Vanilla WoW without herbing or mining and before daily quests were around was actually quite a challenge. You either had to grind Tyrs Hand or pick up a gathering profession.

Similar story to ImmortalPuppet, except I got mailed the gold. There's really no need to do it anymore, the raft of money making options should really see anyone right for anything but the most extravagant vanity purchases.

OK so I tried to instal BC last nite...tried 3 times and everytime it gets to about 25% complete then comes up with an error message ( can't remember what ). Do I need to uninstall WOW first or just throw BC in over the top? Maybe a dodgy CD?

If I were you, I'd just download the client from the website and let it autopatch. You'll only end up having to download a ton of patches that need to be applied after the retail CD installation.

OK so I tried to instal BC last nite...tried 3 times and everytime it gets to about 25% complete then comes up with an error message ( can't remember what ). Do I need to uninstall WOW first or just throw BC in over the top? Maybe a dodgy CD?

If I were you, I'd just download the client from the website and let it autopatch. You'll only end up having to download a ton of patches that need to be applied after the retail CD installation.

yeah was speaking to a friend about the problems last nite and he said the same...will get that sorted over the weekend! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived