A Local Festival

ray marshall

would you like one to happen there on a once a year basis?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is apathy that bad?....we did around 3k plus at the gates for this years vef

Iirc, you were struggling to swing the MF birthday bash, never mind something rather more ambitious. Not the track record to make manx residentia flock to the thread in a wave of gush to plead with you to go ahead and make their year. Why not do the festival and see how it goes down before throwing around apathetic accusations, lol,lol... ; ))) (sounds pretty dull to me anyway, just an excuse to churn out yet more tedious four on the floor in places that neither want nor warrant it under the guise of Local Charidee... )

i guess you didnt read the bit about bands......besides you dont strike me as the kind of person who mingles well with others anyways.....

and besides keyboarder, all you seem to do is piss on anything that does go on anyway, so theres no real way your comments can even be remotely seen as constructive

Festivals need to grow, you cannot just decide to have one, that is a daft idea. Peelstock shrank this year, which was a bit sad, it was on all afternoon last year iirc but only in the evening this year, it would have been good to have it the day before Peel carnival then people could stay over in Peel for the weekend and have 'proper Peel fun', come to think of it, all the ace music I have seen over here in the past year has been in Peel (except for Spirit of the Age which was Douglas) . There are plenty of little festi's going on over here already, which all have the possibility to grow. Knowing how to run a festival is different for each festival so can only be learned by experience.

So maybe start off by having a day event, then find a similar event happening at the same time (for eg a carnival, like Peels which had lots of music and entertainment) plan the events with the other organisers, get a deal together with the local camp site and see what time produces. Peel is about the best place, Ramsey is OK but all the suitable places have lots of residential places around them, which could cause the same issues as The Peel City Bay festival had (or whatever Mr Irvings costly learning experience was called).

Any type of festival that attracts crowds out of the comfort zone of the police with be shot down before it can mature and move on.

Think blues fest in Laxey. oh were expecting lots of people down, lets close camp sites flood the area with hi viz coppers.

Any type of festival that attracts crowds out of the comfort zone of the police with be shot down before it can mature and move on.

Think blues fest in Laxey. oh were expecting lots of people down, lets close camp sites flood the area with hi viz coppers.

You basically just said what i feared, soon as dj's/people enjoying themselves/inevitable flood of drugs (in police eyes) then its a no go, fuckin pisses me off.

Anyway Ray, i'm in for whatever you need from me, but you knew that already :D

cheers all

its disheartening to hear the police have a negative outlook on festivals, especially if the assumption is drugs.

truth be told drugs are everywhere regardless of what ever is happening, im sure it gets used at the royal albert hall or some such places, nowhere is immune.

but then, you get the police involved to prevent crime as it happens, thats what they are there for, what fooks me off is when a few believe they speak for the many, and more often than not its an opinion that is only shared around the committee table.

Archived