[BBC News] Sailings cancelled over weather

Newsbot

I bet Champ would get across, a mailbag with important letters grasped safely in his teeth, steely eyed and determined as he pluckily paddles up and down the mountainous seas, pausing only to rescue exhausted and storm battered seagulls from a watery grave.

It was a bit more than just fast craft. It was the double whammy of having Ben cancelled overnight as well.

No fast craft again this morning, and Ben had to stay late to sweep up.

Looks like Thursday is set for another blow..... Well, it is October.

It was a bit more than just fast craft. It was the double whammy of having Ben cancelled overnight as well.

No fast craft again this morning, and Ben had to stay late to sweep up.

Looks like Thursday is set for another blow..... Well, it is October.

Breezy, sneezy, freezy.

S

Fastcraft ferry sailings between the Isle of Man and Liverpool are cancelled because of expected bad weather.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7685093.stm

Is this news? Surely it would be genuinely newsworthy if the Packet decided to put to sea in stormy weather, but staying in port when the weather is poor is only to be expected.

S

Fastcraft ferry sailings between the Isle of Man and Liverpool are cancelled because of bad weather

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7679376.stm

Of course, we all complain now, but I can recall a couple of crossings on the Lady that most passengers wished HAD been cancelled.

S

LOL I had one of 'them crossings' on the Lady - that really was a tough boat though, I was in fear for my life much of the way but we did make it in the end :D

I don't like the fast craft and never sail on them, the Ben's not too bad but it'd be nice if we had a proper 'Winter In The Irish Sea' vessel doing the crossings again.

What I can say is that the Steam Packet contacted fast craft passengres for this morning early on Wednesday pm to advise and to tell thyem of potential roblems for Ben today and offered to take them Wednesday evening instead.

Family I know heading for a Friday UK wedding were made up, otherwise they would not have got to where they were going

What I can say is that the Steam Packet contacted fast craft passengres for this morning early on Wednesday pm to advise and to tell thyem of potential roblems for Ben today and offered to take them Wednesday evening instead.

Family I know heading for a Friday UK wedding were made up, otherwise they would not have got to where they were going

And when they had a mishap in Liverpool on a Friday morning a few months ago, they told me at 4:00pm on the Saturday that they were bumping me off the 7:00pm fastcraft and had booked me on the Sunday 02:15 instead. I was on the road to Liverpool at the time. Had they advised me on Friday I could have used Saturday usefully and come back on the 14:15 on Sunday. As it was, both Saturday and Sunday were wasted (I'm not up to much after an 02:15 crossing).

S

Archived