Aer Arann In Trouble?

Mutley

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/a...bs-1504210.html

Perhaps now would be a good idea if someone from the Govt has a chat with Aer Arann BEFORE they withdraw the Dublin service. Ok it may not happen but how many times have you seen a MHK wheel out the same sorry statements after the event? Pro-active government would be nice.

Yes, no doubt their planes will leave the airport before it's 'officially' open for scheduled maintenance.

:(

Perhaps the IOMG should seize their assets pre-emptively and force them to liquidate?

I really hate these rumour-mongering threads. All sensible businesses are seeking to cut costs at the moment. It would worry me more if they WEREN'T trying to.

Posting ill-founded speculation like this is really not helpful to anybody.

S

Perhaps the IOMG should seize their assets pre-emptively and force them to liquidate?

I really hate these rumour-mongering threads. All sensible businesses are seeking to cut costs at the moment. It would worry me more if they WEREN'T trying to.

S

That's one view.

The other side is that people who are going down the pan, continue to pretend that all is well and by the time they eventually go west, they've screwed a lot of people for money that will never be seen again.

What rumour-mongering? I posted a link to an article whereby Aer Arann management confirmed they are reducing staff and routes and then suggested the Govt do something BEFORE any final announcements are made by which time it's usually too late to influence any decision. I doubt the IOM is a key route of theirs as it's a Cul de Sac route and there are no ancillary benefits for Aer Arann. They have financial tie-ins with car hire, hotels etc in their main destinations therefore these are the ones they'll focus on. The IOM-Dublin link is important to a lot of businesses and families and any reduction or loss of service would be a blow to the island.

Posting ill-founded responses like yours is really not helpful to anybody.

What rumour-mongering? I posted a link to an article whereby Aer Arann management confirmed they are reducing staff and routes and then suggested the Govt do something BEFORE any final announcements are made by which time it's usually too late to influence any decision. I doubt the IOM is a key route of theirs as it's a Cul de Sac route and there are no ancillary benefits for Aer Arann. They have financial tie-ins with car hire, hotels etc in their main destinations therefore these are the ones they'll focus on. The IOM-Dublin link is important to a lot of businesses and families and any reduction or loss of service would be a blow to the island.

Posting ill-founded responses like yours is really not helpful to anybody.

My comment was not aimed at your post, Mutley, but at these:

"I expect that woman in charge of the airport will say they are doing fantastically well the day before they go bust"

"Yes, no doubt their planes will leave the airport before it's 'officially' open for scheduled maintenance."

S

I saw a rumour elsewhere that Aer Arann are to start a IOM-London City service. Any news on this?

I heard Ryanair were to launch day trips to the Moon. They say the moon but it's still a 3 hour bus ride to downtown Moon. ;)

I saw a rumour elsewhere that Aer Arann are to start a IOM-London City service. Any news on this?

I heard Ryanair were to launch day trips to the Moon. They say the moon but it's still a 3 hour bus ride to downtown Moon. ;)

I wouldn't want to go there, anyway. There's no atmosphere.

[Okay, okay...I'm leaving!]

Most airlines have been finding the going tough. Aer Arann say that they have lower fuel costs as a percentage of operating costs than the airlines flying jets. Similar to FlyBe claims. Hopefully the drop in fuel prices will help all airlines.

S

That's one view.

The other side is that people who are going down the pan, continue to pretend that all is well and by the time they eventually go west, they've screwed a lot of people for money that will never be seen again.

Well, I take your point, but I remember that Dr Johnson once said: "I have adopted the Roman sentiment; that it is better to save a citizen than kill an enemy".

Better, in these troubled times, to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than risk damaging, perhaps fatally, a putatively good business.

S

Archived