Malarkey The New Man At Home Affairs

%age

Perhaps he's just realised that it's actually easier affect change when you actually get involved rather than stand on the outside and oppose everything.

Do you mean it's easier to bring about change by voting 'yes' and going along with things rather than voting 'no' and being defeated?

Brillo bit of political spin. Being a yessir man is the way forward, the only real way to get things done, the best hope for the Island's future. (Almost as inspiring as the US Presidential candidates messages of hope and change. Just thrown in some stuff about it being 'the Manx way' and 'You can trust Malarkey to say yes' and just about there).

I like Geoff Corkish, he is a very good singer.

I'm not so sure about a politician though. in the couple of years he has been in there I have heard him talk twice. Once about car parking or was it the state of the roads in his constituency and the other was last week when he allowed his strong resonant persuading tones to grace Tynwald to talk about . . . . . . dog shit.

As MHKs go, Geoff has bedded in very well indeed.

I'm not so sure about a politician though. in the couple of years he has been in there I have heard him talk twice. Once about car parking or was it the state of the roads in his constituency and the other was last week when he allowed his strong resonant persuading tones to grace Tynwald to talk about . . . . . . dog shit.

I too loved the dog shit questions. There were thousands of KSF IOM depositors from around the world listening into the Tynwald debate on MRs internet service worried that they might never see their money again and there was Eddie Lowey and Geoff Corkish ranting on about dogshit. You really couldn't make it up if you tried. How to look like a bunch of total muppets in the face of adversity.

Archived