Mt New Mobile Charges

x-in-man

Just has my bill land on my door step ( theres still a hole which it made ).

Last month for 2 mobiles £37.11 and this month £79.39..................and they've been used in the same as they are every month.

Never go over the alotted limits...........going to ask tomorrow where all this extra cost has come in.

Fucking LIVID with this shit, very tempted to go to Sure.

has your half price rentel finished, i know its not half but could be

That finished ages ago, thats the first thing I worked out lol

They really are taking the piss at the moment.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just has my bill land on my door step ( theres still a hole which it made ).

Last month for 2 mobiles £37.11 and this month £79.39..................and they've been used in the same as they are every month.

Never go over the alotted limits...........going to ask tomorrow where all this extra cost has come in.

Fucking LIVID with this shit, very tempted to go to Sure.

If you look at your bill, you can usually see where the extra is.

In my case, I got that "surprise" after getting an extra £20 on my bill in data charges from messing around with a couple of web sites. I solved that problem my messing up my GPRS credentials so my phone won't connect again.

• 4 weeks later...
you stick to the wrong conclusion then. It loads the full web pages including pictures and links and on my web browser (Z8) it is 18.4kb, on my blackberry its just over 60kb.

Different mobile browsers have different software so the pages will not be the same on every phone, but the idea that a mobile browser and a PC browser use the same data to view a web page is way out there so the 25p per page theory is wrong.

Dude, the only way a browser could be loading http://www.manxradio.com for example in 18.4k is if it's only loading part of the page, and omiting pictures, stylesheets and images. I'm talking about a full page here.

Here's the page loading in Mobile IE. You can clearly see the total data on the page exceeding 400k. That's almost HALF the free bandwidth you get on the standard Flex tariffs

video000003.wmv

I cant make a video of my phone doing it so i will try another way, i will put in my pay as you go sim card and connect to MR noting the credit before and after: before £23:00 after: £23:00, refresh screen, £22:98

This was on Prepay grps and it took about 15 seconds to load and about another 10 seconds to refresh.

edit this was on a u900

I must be being completely thick but can anyone explain this new flex tariff?

This leaflet thats come through with the bill says it combines your old inclusive and minutes together to give u a new total to use as you wish..

My current tariff was 800 inclusive texts and 410 inclusive minutes. Which would supposedly give a total of 1210 flex stuff. but the highest flex tariff available is 1125 .

Am I right in assuming im getting less for the same money?! :huh:

I must be being completely thick but can anyone explain this new flex tariff?

This leaflet thats come through with the bill says it combines your old inclusive and minutes together to give u a new total to use as you wish..

My current tariff was 800 inclusive texts and 410 inclusive minutes. Which would supposedly give a total of 1210 flex stuff. but the highest flex tariff available is 1125 .

Am I right in assuming im getting less for the same money?! :huh:

You must be on the same one as me. Sim plan 1200 (was Text 800 with 400 minutes) as I already had a phone. The 1125 is when you have a contract & take a phone.

I'm getting increasingly hacked off with MT's charges, big bills month after month and it's amazing how much stuff isn't covered by 2 x £25 mobile contracts. Simple things like the fact I hardly ever use any of my free minutes, but if my wife goes over we pay top dollar for the extra calls, when there are about six billion free minutes left on my number. Both mobiles are on the same effing bill, why not pool all the free texts and minutes together between the two numbers?

Hmmm, the new Flex thingy isn't a million miles off this, and will help balance out the fact that I text far more than I call, where Mrs House calls a lot more than she texts.

If they go one step further and pool all calls + texts between mobiles on the same bill (or at least give the option to do so) into one big bucket of calls and texts, I will officially be satisfied.

I cant make a video of my phone doing it so i will try another way, i will put in my pay as you go sim card and connect to MR noting the credit before and after: before £23:00 after: £23:00, refresh screen, £22:98

This was on Prepay grps and it took about 15 seconds to load and about another 10 seconds to refresh.

edit this was on a u900

Don't know what to say mate, you saw the vid.

I wonder if it's because your phone cached all the images, css etc, so didn't need to download them. I did clear my browser cache before the test just to try and get a complete figure.

Anyway .. bottom line is, I'd still love to get a couple of Gb as part of my tariff without having to pay data charges. I'm sure we can agree with that ;)

Archived