Mountain Road Closed

bluemonday

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to my type of work, Most Machines i fix dont happen to breakdown at the side of a road <_< normally they are in the middle of a muddy field or building site, add to that, I'm lazy and don't like walking backward and forwards to the van for tools ;) so these help me get across muddy terain

Can the cops/DoT just close it whenever they want? Doesn't it have to go through an order etc. Closing it for just a bit of snow is way OTT IMO - how will people ever learn to drive properly if they are being molly-coddled like that.

If people are destined to exit the gene pool for not following sensible driving advice - I say let em.

Although the police close the road on most occasions, both them and the D.O.T have the power to close any public highway under certain section's of the highway/road traffic act if it presents a danger to users.

Not that i agree a little snow is the danger, more the idiots that don’t take weather conditions into account...

Aww bless - they've got matching Rangey's parked side by side up there now.

They're probably not parked - they're stuck. Rangy, high speed tyres & snow? Seen that go wrong in the past :)

Seen that go wrong in the past :)

There always used to be a police car of one type or another in Crosby ,Cain and Kennish, normally a Range Rover after going on an Unintended Off-Road excursion on the mountain or trying their hand at some manouveres on the knock Froy scramble course :lol:

Archived