Mountain Road Closed

bluemonday

For some reason the gritters were going through Onchan at 5.30am.

Will they ever get it right.

In answer to your Question:- NO

but I'm lead to believe that somebody told them there is a 'shelf life' on the Rocksalt that they have stored in various depots around the Island, so they need to use it up hence being in Onchan today just so the RockSalt can be washed down the drain <_<

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
horse...bolted....stable....door

untitled.jpg

The DOT can salt the mountain road as much as they like, but if several inches of snow falls, then you end up with snow / crushed snow and ice then on top of the salt on the road. People seem to think that a bit of salt will stop the snow from sticking on the road!

As the picture above shows, the DOT then use a plough to scrape as much snow and ice off the road as possible, stick some more salt down which will hopefully help to melt the small amount of remaining ice and to hopefully stop further ice from forming on the road. Traffic can then go over it again (the road was reopened about 30 minutes ago).

As the picture above shows, the DOT then use a plough to scrape as much snow and ice off the road as possible, stick some more salt down which will hopefully help to melt the small amount of remaining ice and to hopefully stop further ice from forming on the road. Traffic can then go over it again (the road was reopened about 30 minutes ago).

Yeah I mean you can see the inches and inches of snow piled at the side of the road....oh hang on a minute....

For some reason the gritters were going through Onchan at 5.30am.

Will they ever get it right.

I think they come off the mountain and then do the coast road.

Archived