Resignations From Liberal Vannin

Bobs

Nigel, thank your atleast confirming the issue with payment by LV and also the issue of Executive Election.

I see that this thread has done none off us many favours, esp myself. But sometimes when something quite bluntly pisses you off, you just have to get it out your system.

Skrappy, Personally I will be could not give a flying **** what you think, and to be blunt you have no idea who I am or what I do as a Councillor.

Declan, what you said was your opinion, my showing the email was wrong and yep two wrongs do not make a right, but maybe its just vanity but I had to prove I was right...

Steve, good luck

John

You're John Faragher and you're a minor councillor in a small town on the Isle of Man. See, I can read.

Councillor, been there, done that, got the tuxedo.

Also I see you take the second route, all clear now.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Skrappy, you hide behind a false name, You sit on top of your little cloud off self built pompous, paradoxic righteousness, judging all before you.....

When did you have the balls to stand up and be counted and act as a "minor Councillor" yourself? or are you going to change the world one letter at a time on Manx Forums..

What made me laugh the most was that you insult me for being a Councillor then try and point out that you are better than me because you have been there done that....

or maybe infact you are just some sad has been with nothing to live for but knocking down those around you ...lol

hahahahahhahahaha

:lol:

Thank you, but I couldn't have done it by myself.

I would like to thank my parents, my agent and all my co-workers as well as all the little sick ponies in Africa without whom this argument would not have been possible.

My emotions are adrift in a veritable sea of mixed up feelings :phone::hug::nuke::flowers::crying:

trading half-witticisms with commentary invariably provided by a chortling hack, delighting in the pointless verbal sparring. This affects peoples' fucking lives you asinine, smug bastards, it's not supposed to be entertainment.

Bickering and spats on an internet forum is one thing, but when pretty pointless squabbles get in the way of people who share common values and principles working positively together to actually make a difference, it's pretty grim.

To end a tale of length,

Troy in our weakness stands, not in her strength.

Skrappey

I hold up a flag of truce, we are all here to make our opinions known, not to be-little, make fun off or bully (not that you have done any off those).

So "here here" to excellent adult discusion on issues that are effecting us all.

John 8-)

Sultan, you may not agree with what I say.. but heyho..you have your opinion.. and its very man off you to tell me.

Mr Faragher, whilst I applaud your honesty and courage to post under your own name I have to say that the level of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes within your posts is somewhat high. I would never expect anyone to get their grammar and spelling correct all of the time but do feel that the inability to express oneself using the English language is normally a good guide towards the intellect of said person. I would suggest that you take your time and think about what you post before doing so. As a Douglas ratepayer I feel I am justified in making this comment about someone who is elected to represent me.

As a Douglas ratepayer I feel I am justified in making this comment about someone who is elected to represent me.

As another Douglas ratepayer I'm just utterly amazed that somebody still feels that they have nothing to apologise for as a councillor despite making a prat of themselves posting random rubbish on a public forum. I wouldn't expect an elected official to have taken that approach at all, and certainly not with such abysmal grammar and punctuation. Then you move on to the airing of e-mails in public and the general headless chicken approach to scoring political points.

Hardly anyone's finest hour.

i would say its more my typing ability than my spelling, but thankyou for pointing that out.

As for what ever your view they are just that.

I have not wanted to score political points, for if i was i would publish every good deed , cat i have helped out off a tree etc, basking in my own self glory, for what ..? £30 a meeting...when i loose twice that in upaid time off work, the evenings I spend at public meetings for playparks and homeless shelter etc etc..

But nope I type up a small part off an email that clarifies my said point in leaving LV.. nothing more nothing less. Am i not allowed to deffend myself.. wow all teh what 20 people that will look at this thread, or shall I publish a letter in IOM Newspapers that is a worded to place un-truths on my shoulder..

So I ask if it was you what would you do...

If you wish a person with such perfect english, maybe your local English teacher would wish to stand and if the work I do is not up to your high expectations or standard, YOU stand

If any off you still feel I am a not worthy off your manners, then my phone number is on the Council website..................

Poor typing causes you to type 'off' every time you mean 'of'? And you posted more than "a small part off an email that clarifies my said point in leaving LV.. nothing more nothing less", you posted the whole e-mail or at least enough of it to stray onto another unrelated topic.

I have not wanted to score political points, for if i was i would publish every good deed , cat i have helped out off a tree etc, basking in my own self glory, for what ..? £30 a meeting...when i loose twice that in upaid time off work, the evenings I spend at public meetings for playparks and homeless shelter etc etc..

Oh but you have. Throughout this thread you've been trying to score points, including the vainglorious paragraph above.

i would say its more my typing ability than my spelling, but thankyou for pointing that out.

As for what ever your view they are just that.

But nope I type up a small part off an email that clarifies my said point in leaving LV.. nothing more nothing less. Am i not allowed to deffend myself.. wow all teh what 20 people that will look at this thread, or shall I publish a letter in IOM Newspapers that is a worded to place un-truths on my shoulder..

So I ask if it was you what would you do...

If you wish a person with such perfect english, maybe your local English teacher would wish to stand and if the work I do is not up to your high expectations or standard, YOU stand

If any off you still feel I am a not worthy off your manners, then my phone number is on the Council website..................

My post was not a personal attack, I won't take your response as one either. What I was trying to get across to you is that as an elected person in a position of responsibility I truly believe that you should think about what you post. Whilst you may only think that a small number of people look at this forum the reality is that significant numbers actually look at this site and what is posted is often discussed elsewhere.

For the record, I work in a position where I have to deal with local authorities, government departments, MHKs, members of the public and business people. Although I have a view on this Liberal Vannin issue I suspect people wouldn’t be too interested in that view and have no desire to enter into that debate. What I have read in the local press and on this forum has not particularly changed my view of politics. I just wish that politicians at all levels stopped the school playground antics and actually got on with their important role. I applaud you for standing up and being a councillor, please do not belittle yourself by getting drawn into the personal attacks that happen all too often on internet forums.

Archived