Resignations From Liberal Vannin

Bobs

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did someone forget to switch identity before posting?

Says someone who's clearly familiar with sock puppeting! I count at least three people in this thread who think what they're posting is inflammatory enough to switch identities, lets make sure we don't put the forum owners at risk eh?

Interesting Jehovah's quotes from a post by Holy P which seems to have been removed, from Nigel of the LVP's to one of the Douglas Councillors who has resigned. Whilst containing support for a minor point that Holy P was making about LVP's internal structure, the e-mail actually contains a much more interesting revelation.

Namely, that Penny Creighton, from Age Concern, who you may recall got into a spat with Bell & Brown earlier this year, has been holding covert meetings with the LVP exec. The idea being that in the run up to next election it will be revealed, and "she will bring a huge amount of the voluntary community on board".

Paging Manx Newspapers.

So, now that Seven pages of forum has discussed resignations when there are more pressing subjects to discuss. I will leave the forum with a final thought..... As the executive were not voted in by members of the party or in fact anyone. What made one of the executive members resign ... did he smell a rat too?

Typical politician, leaving before anyone replies to what he's said!

In retrospect, do you think you were all a bit hasty in joining a political party that was apparently so badly run?

A phone call tells me Typical politician - Leaving before anyone replies to whats HE has said.... SHE

I left the forum because I do not want to be involved in a tennis match of posts to slate the members who left.. However, I was told that your question was polite. so in answer:

I was not hasty in joining a political party - but I believed in party politics... still do. Had the party have been running correctly, their would not have been any resignations. However believing in party politics with a party that has no consistency and changes goal posts to suit the executive is not one with which I wish to be associated with. It is a real shame that Peters executive committee are a loose cannon! But it it speaks volumes when six go and when it includes a Member of the executive committee who left because he did not like the way the party was heading.

arr Jehova a true enigma wrapped in a paradox.... still at least Mike did the right thing..

but in his defence he did not even know what was going on..

still nice that you noticed, such small plays within small plays.. LV is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get...lol

Declan, I agree,

You can't just type, "I agree" and follow with whatever comes into your head, because it implies we are in accord. In fact your post is commenting on a matter on which I've made no comment and have no view.

Namely, that Penny Creighton, from Age Concern, who you may recall got into a spat with Bell & Brown earlier this year, has been holding covert meetings with the LVP exec. The idea being that in the run up to next election it will be revealed, and "she will bring a huge amount of the voluntary community on board".

My Mother said , that the Courier said, that Jules dress shop owned by Mrs Malarkey and her sister have offered big discounts on purchases to customers attending the Age Concern 'Mega event' . A ball or something. So there just might be a Mata Hari type lurking amongst the silks and fabrics.....even a double agent working for both the Liberal Vannin Party and the Malarkey Party.

:ph34r:

I was not hasty in joining a political party - but I believed in party politics... still do. Had the party have been running correctly, their would not have been any resignations. However believing in party politics with a party that has no consistency and changes goal posts to suit the executive is not one with which I wish to be associated with. It is a real shame that Peters executive committee are a loose cannon! But it it speaks volumes when six go and when it includes a Member of the executive committee who left because he did not like the way the party was heading.

If you didn't join in haste, wouldn't you have known it was a party of no constancy and changing goal posts? How long were you in the party before you stood for election?

Archived