Restraining Pupils !

manxlennie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm for it. I feel sorry for teachers, who often feel powerless, threatened, and have to tread on egg-shells faced with disruptive and sometimes potentially downright dangerous pupils. Kids have been given too many rights, when in too many cases their brains aren't capable of being responsible to live up to them.

Authority should be on the side of the teaching staff, and any well thought out moves to help ensure that, would have my backing.

post-1039-1225716193_thumb.jpg

I think every school teacher should have one of these for use against unrulely children, how many of us would like to go to work every morning and have to face possible trouble to which you have no control or power of control to stop , teachers should have the right to disipline children,by force if necessary. end of

I agree this is also a good idea. I have just finished school well years ago but still I think their needs to be somthing done about the growing problems in the isle of man's schools about, Drugs and Knifes.

....and literacy.

Tea just went over monitor then.. :D

I wasnt aware that we had a problem with regards to drugs, weapons or alcohol in our schools !!!!!!!!???

Has anyone else had a problem with this http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Teachers-ma...ight.4653210.jp

Also I think there is more to this Bill than meets the eye .....definatley a bit of BIG BROTHER here

ML <_<

They are just following legislation that was introduced in the UK.

At first glance laws and rules of this nature may appear to be a "BIG BROTHER" moment, however, the current situation of teachers and parents being afraid of children, unsure of how to discipline, and made impotent by the law, is a far more chillingly accurate portrayal of George Orwell's classic work 1984.

I'm with Albert Tatlock on this one, more powers to the teachers and no more kid gloves.

Archived