Today In The House Of Keys

%age

The Health Minister , Eddie Teare, came out with a phrase "you can't please all of the people all of the time" in answer to a question on emergency treatments.

Bill Henderson considered the use of this crass statement to be offensive to those concerned.

On another matter regarding Accident and Emergency admissions in a debate about payment of NHS treatment some weeks ago, Eddie Teare passed comment regarding people who are apparently under the influence of alcohol being admitted to hospital. "If they can afford the hooch they can afford to pay for the treatment" he declared.

Eddie Teare is also Mr Flouride. (ok, ok, let's not kick that one off again on here).

I am not too sure that Mr Teare is really cut out to be the Minister in control of our Health.

Once a bank manager always a bank manager? :(

The Health Minister , Eddie Teare, came out with a phrase "you can't please all of the people all of the time" in answer to a question on emergency treatments.

Bill Henderson considered the use of this crass statement to be offensive to those concerned.

On another matter regarding Accident and Emergency admissions in a debate about payment of NHS treatment some weeks ago, Eddie Teare passed comment regarding people who are apparently under the influence of alcohol being admitted to hospital. "If they can afford the hooch they can afford to pay for the treatment" he declared.

Eddie Teare is also Mr Flouride. (ok, ok, let's not kick that one off again on here).

I am not too sure that Mr Teare is really cut out to be the Minister in control of our Health.

Mmmm.... maybe he should read the Isle of Man Examiner page 13, reference the tribute to Eddy Wade and Brookfield Nursing Home?

Are we really surprised by any comments our government make?

Would appear to be the norm.

Eddie Teare passed comment regarding people who are apparently under the influence of alcohol being admitted to hospital. "If they can afford the hooch they can afford to pay for the treatment" he declared.

What a Wan*er...

"you can't please all of the people all of the time" - it was quite shocking for a minister to respond to a question of serious concern in House of Keys in such a trite dismissive manner. It was disgraceful. It was an affront not only to those concerned, but to the principle of democratic scrutiny. Imagine if Ministers were allowed to brush of questions in this way.

Incredibly in the same sitting there was talk of commitment to democratic accountability and transparency.

I thought "one party state by patronage" - or whatever PKs phrase also stood out.

BTW - no one is meant to listen to broadcasts of the House of Keys. 'No one' is interested or cares (at least according to some ;) ). What do you think you were you doing %age?

Eddie Teare passed comment regarding people who are apparently under the influence of alcohol being admitted to hospital. "If they can afford the hooch they can afford to pay for the treatment" he declared.

What a Wan*er...

Maybe the words are not right - but what is wrong with drunks having to pay for themselves to be treated? The hip-pocket nerve is a good one to use.

You don't get much better from MPs across.

I once dealt with a letter of complaint from an MP on behalf of a disgruntled constituent. On receipt of my reply, the MP responded on the lines that "you'd be surprised what constituents complain about..."

At least he HAD an answer. Martin Quayle was completely unable to answer a single question he was asked, and apparently doesn't know why he awarded the TT TV contract to a UK company, or what financial benefit (if any) might accrue to the Island as a result. The only thing he's sure about is that North One does F1 TV. Except of course it doesn't...

BTW - no one is meant to listen to broadcasts of the House of Keys. 'No one' is interested or cares (at least according to some ;) ). What do you think you were you doing %age?

I would normally have been sitting in the front row of the House of Keys Public Gallery with my anorak on but due to circumstances blah, blah I had to listen to them lot on the radio instead.

Incidentally, it is only Question Time that is broadcast. The more important stuff is not.

I am appalled at Eddie Teare's response to Bill Henderson in the Keys today.

"You cannot please all of the people all of the time" he said concerning a person in pain and sufferring who was turned away.

Totally gobsmacked.

Tony Brown the Chief Minister should sack this ASSHOLE.

I am appalled at Eddie Teare's response to Bill Henderson in the Keys today.

"You cannot please all of the people all of the time" he said concerning a person in pain and sufferring who was turned away.

Totally gobsmacked.

Tony Brown's favourite comment is, 'We are where we are.' That just about covers every situation he finds himself in.

But Tony Brown is the man responsible for this situation. His approach seems to be to bat away all criticism, acting stunned that someone should question him, then when the criticism can't be batted away (like Moyle's over the TT organisation or the depositor's compensation) he'll set up a committee or instigate an enquiry, declare that he always intended to do what people wanted and his bafflement that we thought any different.

And the newer ministers - Quayle, Teare, and Earnshaw follow his lead and approach their fellow MHK's and the public in the same cavalier manner. Anderson seems to leave Hannay to make his proclamations. Cretney has long since lost any credibility after piloting the DTL as it lurched from scandal to cock up throughout the Gelling and Corkhill years. For most of this Tynwald in this company Bell, of all people, has almost been almost statesmanlike! Then the heat is turned on him and he's picking fights with the English Chancellor and is the only person in Europe who doesn't like Obama.

Craine, Gawne and Shimmin seem to be doing their best to run their departments conscientiously whilst the rest of the Comin are acting as if they've been airlifted in from Mount Olympus.

I don't see that many outside the Comin who are ready to step in, so the best we have to hope for a positive inclusive Chief Minister, who can give a lead to the rest of the Government and hope the likes of Teare step up to his standard.

Archived